Friday, June 26, 2020

A Mondo Holly Christmas

Hello friends.  Just a quick post today, but wanted to share a card I made with Ellen Hutson's Mondo Holly that my sweet friend Bobby shared with me.


Don't you just love it when an image is SO big it takes up the whole front of the card?!!  Bobby sent this image already die cut, so I just water colored it using my Aqua Painter and ink from the inside lids of my stamp pads (SU!).  I used Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Real Red & Cherry Cobbler.


My background is a new SU! embossing folder Old World Paper and I love the vintage look it gives this card.  I finished with a black mat and white card base, and also some copper cording and little star tag (PTI - Tiny Tags).  Very CAS and I just love the way it turned out!

I'm sharing this card with the June Rudolph Days Challenge where it's Anything Goes Christmas.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


17 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how pretty! The tiny tag you added is a sweet touch and that crinkly background is awesome!

Christine Alexander said...

your holly sprig looks wonderful on that embossed background and love the addition of the tiny tag sentiment :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful holly, Marcia, and I love the texture behind it!! Sweet bitty tag too - hey you should add this to Christmas Kickstart too!!

I Card Everyone said...

I adore this Mondo Holly, Marcia... you've colored it perfectly! Gorgeous new EF! I just ordered a new one, too!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Love the holly ontop of that EF..fabulous.

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card Marcia! I love the Way you coloured the holly!

Birgit said...

Your painted holly is stunning Marcia! The whole card is fabulous. I am loving the embossed background. It definitely gives it an "old world" feel. This is so beautifully done!

Bonnie said...

I love this sprig of holly with all those gorgeous berries! The embossed background has a woodsy feel that's perfect for the holly to rest on! A gorgeous Christmas card, my friend!

Mac Mable said...

Such a stunning card. Yes I love that the large holly image fills the card and sure does make a statement....I love it Marcia x.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the big sprig of holly and the embossed background. TFS

Bobby said...

I love that background, Marcia. It looks perfect behind the beautifully painted holly and the little tag was a great way to add a sentiment. I'll have to remember that.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love the texture background you've given this holly Marcia. Thank you for taking part in this months Rudolph Days Challenge.

Sue xx

Loll said...

Gorgeous Marcia! LOVE your big, beautiful hollyl! Wonderful watercolouring, my friend! And that background - LOVE IT! Think I have to go SU! shopping! :) xx

scrappymo! said...

Stunning! Loving that beautiful stamped and coloured image and your lovely card.

Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's a beaut`y! That's a fabulous stamp and I love the watercolouring... Be well my friend

Darnell said...

Yes, I do love an image that covers the whole card front, Marcia, and I particularly love this Mondo Holly and how beautifully you have watercolored it! That Old World Paper e/f works perfectly as a textured background! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

A gorgeous way to fill the card, Marcia ... the holly sprig is beautifully coloured ... and what a great background ... puts me in mind of a snowbank! Hugs, Anita :)