Wednesday, June 17, 2020

CAS Mix Up June 2020 - Embossed Vellum

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with the current challenge over at CAS Mix Up and this month they are looking for EMBOSSED VELLUM.


I received an embossing folder for my birthday back in February from my sweet friend Birgit that I had not used yet, so along with some heavy weight vellum from PTI and the new embossing folder, I came up with this card...


I wish I could tell you the name of the embossing folder, but unfortunately I threw the packaging away without thinking about it, and now I have no idea!  Grrrr!!  But anyway, I love the look of these blooms (Hibiscus maybe??) embossed with the vellum...so crisp and clean looking!!  I do have to be honest here and tell you that the first one I embossed I used my Copic markers on the backside to color, and I was NOT happy with the end result at all!!  It looked too streaky!!  So I embossed another one and decided to keep it very CAS!!


I attached the vellum to a top folding white card base just at the corners, and then added a gray embossed frame (SU!'s Subtle embossing folder with PTI's Pierced Frame Dies) so that the whole card wasn't white but the frame is still a neutral color.  I used my MISTI to make sure I got my sentiment straight (Stamp Simply's Words of Encouragement) and then finished with a couple clear sequins.  There's not much color to this card but I think it will work beautifully for a sympathy card.

The DT has so many BEAUTIFUL cards to inspire you this month, so check them all out and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Susan Joyce said...

Wonderful card Marcia, I love the embossing folder on the vellum and the wide border frame. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up this month.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow, Marcia - just love the serenity of this one!! Beautiful embossed flowers on vellum and I love how you framed them!!

Lisa Elton said...

It's a beautiful sympathy card Marcia, the colors and your design are peaceful!

I Card Everyone said...

I love that we're all getting our embossing folders out again! This is a gorgeous one, Marcia! What's not to love about a bit of gray? wink.
=]

Loll said...

Leaving it uncoloured really shows off the beautiful design of your dry embossing. The clean look with white and gray is so elegant, Marcia! Great work, my friend! xx

Cat Craig said...

This is stunning Marcia, beautifully executed and designed.

Ros Crawford said...

So very elegant... Love the silver grey framing.

Jo said...

Love the softness of your card. You always have the most beautiful quotes. Just a simple frame to complete this beauty. Thanks for sharing!

Birgit said...

Oh yes, this is stunning my friend! Now I'm wracking my brain trying to remember where I picked this die up.

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous dry embossed vellum and framing, Marcia. Love your stamped sentiment too. Perfect for these difficult times. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Anita in France said...

Simply stunning, Marcia ... a beautiful, soft and elegant way to showcase that wonderful (and oh so true) verse! Hugs, Anita :)

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous embossing folder and a stunning card!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. That embossing folder looks so pretty embossed on the vellum and the frame really sets it off. TFS