Monday, June 8, 2020

The Flower Challenge #45 - Navy + One Other Color

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Flower Challenge today where they would like your flower card to use NAVY plus one other color.


I have a twofer for you using the same stamp set...Altenew's Paint-A-Flower: Anemone.  My first card uses a technique Jennifer McGuire calls SPOTLIGHT STAMPING...you can check out her video HERE.


I used my MISTI and Night of Navy ink to stamp the floral image in the center of my card base.  Next I glued down Navy and shades of pink 1/4" strips over part of my stamped image, and then placed it back in my MISTI and stamped again with the Night of Navy ink so that it covered the colored strips.  The trick is leaving your stamp in the same place in the MISTI after you stamp on the card base, and then after adding your colored strips put the card back in the MISTI to stamp again.  Easy, easy technique but really packs a punch IMHO!!  The sentiment is from the same stamp set.


I wish you could see this next card in person...it is so shiny and sparkly, but the camera just did not want to pick it up!  I stamped and heat embossed the same image on Night of Navy cardstock with gold embossing powder, and then painted just the flowers using Lindy's Magical Powders in Autumn Maple Crimson.  The shimmer and sheen of the Lindy's Magical Powders is amazing in real life!!  I matted the image with a piece of gold matte cardstock and adhered both to a top folding white card base.  The sentiment is also from the same stamp set and is also embossed in gold.


And here they are both together.  Can you pick a favorite??  I can't...I'm drawn to the card on the right first off, but all that shimmer and sheen from the card on the left really calls to me!  Guess I'm just a glitzy girl at heart!!  Check out ALL the BEAUTIFUL creations from the DT right HERE and then play along...this challenge is open till the end of the month.

I would like to also add the card on the right to the current Double D Challenge where they would like you to use your scraps...which I did on all my 1/4" strips.



Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


17 comments:

Anita in France said...

You created two such different looks with this duo, Marcia ... the line art with those bold stripes is so striking ... and the shimmery colouring with the gold embossing is so rich and luxurious! A favourite? Hmmm ... like you, I'm also drawn to the crisp freshness of the first ... it's so striking! Hugs, Anita :)

My Paper Epiphany said...

Two stunning cards Marcia! The first is a very clever design andI can just imagine the beautiful sparkle of the second:)

Lisa Elton said...

There's a whole lot of gorgeous happening here ~ WOW!! These are both incredible Marcia, but that first one is striking. I need to give this technique a try!

Betty said...

two beautiful cards, Marcia - my fave is the one on the right - love the design!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow, Marcia - two beauties with that anemone stamp!! In the twofer photo - While I love the rich colors on the left, my fave is the right with the pink spotlight strips. So clean and bright!!

I Card Everyone said...

You are J. McG's gold-star student, Marcia! ACED IT!! The navy number is really gorgeous, too - I'm sure it shines beautiffully irl!
=]

Bonnie said...

Both of these are awesome, Marcia! I thought the pink was translucent vellum! What a fantastic technique and so perfect for this challenge! Love the drama of the colored flowers on the navy background! I know that shimmer has got to be gorgeous, even if the camera wants to deny it! I can't choose. Both are fantastic, my friend!

Bobby said...

After watching the video that technique is on my to do list, Marcia. I love it with the pink and navy stripes. Thanks for sharing that card with us at The Flower Challenge. The gold embossing and crimson color looks so elegant on the second card.

Darnell said...

Your twofer cards are sensational, Marcia! What you said in response to whether I can pick a favorite is just what I would have said! I go back and forth, so that means I love them both equally!! Keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards for the Flower challenge Marcia. I love the divided spotlighting. The colours are bright and fun. Your magicals card is elegant with the darker colours. Both are lovely! xx

Diane said...

Both cards are beautifully created, pretty neat technique too! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Birgit said...

These are both beautiful Marcia! The one with the colored strips looks so difficult but I'll take your word that it's easy. The card painted with the magical powders is stunning. My magicals came in last week and I have yet to open them. I'm a bit intimidated to try them. I'm so glad you linked up to the Double D "Use Your Scraps" challenge. Best of luck to you!

Cat Craig said...

Two beauties, Marcia. And two such different looks. I can imagine the shimmer on your second one.

Barbara said...

Wow! Marcia, this is a unique way to use scraps and the spotlight technique as well. A very striking and awesome card. Both are wonderful and stunning. Thanks for sharing them with us at Double D Challenge, Use Your Scraps.
Barbara DT

Ros Crawford said...

Oh so gorgeous!! They are both amazing but the spotlight one really blows me away!

Darlene said...

WOW these are both such cool cards Marcia! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Use your Scraps’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Aileen said...

Love them both but I am really drawn to the white card with the strips of coloured cardstock. I wonder if I too could do this as there is something about me and the Misti , I always seem to manage to move the card fractionally and end up with a double image blur.
Yours looks so crisp and amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam