Friday, June 5, 2020

Just For Fun...

Hello friends.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Summer has arrived in my neck of the woods (I think we skipped Spring and went right from Winter to Summer!!), and while I am NOT enjoying the humidity, I am enjoying all the bright sunshine we've had for the past week or so!  Hope you're enjoying some nice weather too and also the ability to get out a little after staying home for the past few months!  I'm not going too far yet, but just knowing I could makes me feel better!  But anyways, I've been keeping very busy in my stamp room and thought I'd share a few pics of what I've been up to.  I've so been enjoying watching Gina K lives on MW&F evenings and trying some new and some older techniques, and then I've also been ZOOMing with a few of my local friends on Tuesday evenings who all do SU! 


I had bought Altenew's Peruvian Lily stamp and die set quite awhile back and finally made myself get them out and play...once I started I couldn't put the stamp set down!!


These cards use Sunflower and Beautiful Moments stamp sets from SU!.  We usually use sketches each week so that we're all using the same layout, but we each choose different stamp sets.  Always fun to see what we each come up with on Tuesday nights!!  :0)


We got talking about purple sunflowers for some reason and so of course I had to try one out!  Never seen a purple sunflower, but hey...artistic license and all that!!  Haha!!


These two cards were from watching Gina and a technique she calls stenciled hardwood backgrounds...so much fun and so beautiful.  You can check out her video from this past Monday HERE if you'd like to check this technique out.


Kelly Lunceford inspired me to get my Salt Air: Flora and Salt Air: Fauna sets out from PTI and give them a play.  I had forgotten how much I love these two sets.  The sentiment is from Catherine Pooler.


This card is done using a technique from Jennifer McGuire (HERE) that was a lot of fun.  You use a stencil, a rubber mat, and half a baby wipe to make the background.  The stencil, the flower, and the smile die cut are all Gina K products.

Thanks for sticking with me this long and hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow Marcia, you've been busy!! What a fabulous set of cards you're sharing today! Especially love the stenciled hardwoods and the yummy purple sunflower (wish they existed in real life!!)!

Colleen said...

Oh gosh, these are awesome...you know, I like playing just for fun too...takes the pressure off of following a sketch or specific colors! And I am sure enjoying Gina on MWF also...my stash is overflowing and that is a good thing! I love your large sunflower and the purple one is fantastic!! And you know I love the Peruvian Lily from Altenew...it makes such gorgeous flowers! Well, you have an awesome weekend. I think we are expecting rain tomorrow and Sunday! Oh well, maybe I can get in here and play with ink and paper! Heart Hugs, friend!

Bonnie said...

What a lot of fun you've had, Marcia! Beautiful lilies! I see why one wasn't enough! Both SU cards are fantastic! The purple sunflower is awesome! Love those woodgrain cards! I want to try that technique. Your vitamin sea is just what I need! And the stenciling is another technique to try! A fabulous use of that technique! A wonderful selection of awesomeness, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Holy smokes, you have been busy!! These are all incredible Marcia and they all look like summer!!

I Card Everyone said...

It's easy to see that you don't have any trouble staying-in in your craft room, my friend!
ALL gorgeous... honestly you had me at SUNFLOWER though! Oh my goodness gorgeousness! That one may have to go into my cart!!
=]

JoAnn said...

Wow, a group of lovely cards. Love the new techniques you have tried and your cards are beautiful. Thanks for sharing all these lovely cards. Have a great weekend.

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, Fabulous set of cards. YOu have been a busy crafting bee. Love seeing them all and I like how your group uses the same sketches but choosed different stamp sets. How fun. It really is great having video crafty sessions...so nice to have all your stuff at hand and to have friends around.

Birgit said...

Wow Marcia, you really have been busy. These are all fabulous! I love the idea of stamping the sunflower in such an unexpected color. It is so fun and looks amazing. I have to say though, that those Peruvian Lily's have stolen my heart. You're killing me as I'm trying not to spend any money right now and I really, really, REALLY want to bring this set home to me. ;0)

Bobby said...

You certainly aren't lacking for mojo, Marcia, and I'm sure Gina's videos help. I've been watching a few but missed the stenciled hardwoods one. After seeing your cards I will definitely be checking it out. I know sharing with crafty friends keeps you motivated too. All of your cards are wonderfully creative.

Anita in France said...

Gosh, you've been so busy creating all this loveliness, Marcia ... what wonderful inspiration! Each one is a beauty ... a lovely, summery post! Hugs, Anita :)

Darnell said...

I mean, Marcia, Marcia, Marcia! We all know where our mojo went now! (Hold on a sec. Okay, sorry, I was beginning to drool down my shirt so I had to stop typing and unlock my jaw so it could shut again.) Each design is more stunning than the one before, so I'm just going to save the URL to this entire post as future inspiration ~ thank you!! Hugs, Darnell

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! Oh my, you have been busy... I'm totally enthralled by your designs... Everyone is just gorgeous (and I'm lucky to have one of your creations). I just keep going back over each one... Amazing!

Loll said...

WOW! You have been very busy Marcia! Lovely cards, each and every one of them. Looks like you've been having fun learning some new techniques too! Awesome! And I LOVE your purple sunflower! xx