Sunday, June 14, 2020

MFTWSC493 - Have A Fin-tastic Day

Hello friends.  Just a quick post and a quick and easy card for the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.


Just received my Baby Shark dies yesterday (FAST shipping MFT!!) and had to make a quick card using this week's sketch...


How can you not love a face like that?!!  I die cut his body from some light gray cs and then sponged around him to bring a little definition to him.  The water was done ink blending with Blueprint Sketch and Salty Ocean DOX inks, splattering with some water, and then die cutting with a couple snow hill dies.  I went rogue and ink blended my clouds (MFT Cloud stencil) with pink ink to add a bit more color.  My sentiment is a bit doctored up using MFT's Farm-tastic stamp set where I literally cut the "farm" out of the sentiment and added a "fin" stamp instead.  Both the baby shark and the sentiment strip are on foam tape for added dimension.  I think my grandson is going to LOVE this card!!

You can play along with this challenge too...right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh my word Marcia, this is completely adorable!! That face, his smile..... just cracks me up!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable baby shark card, Marcia - looks like he's having fun in the waves and I love your cloud background!

Bonnie said...

Wow, look at the teeth on that baby shark! I definitely think your grandson will love this, Marcia! Fintastic!

Cat Craig said...

Oh my gosh this is so darned cute! Love Love love especially the pinky cloudy sky.

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... that face is adorable!! :) What a fun card Marcia. Perfection using the sketch challenge. And I LOVE those pink clouds! xx

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this made me smile! Eeek! It's such a fun card!

I Card Everyone said...

You made quick work of that darling guy, Marcia!! He is even more awesome in your hands!
Remember when it would take two weeks for MFT stuff to arrive here in Michigan? They have really improved that by using FedEx!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

How fun is he, this is cute Marcia!

Tracey McNeely said...

Eeek so fantastic Marcia. I can't wait for Baby Shark to arrive!!

Anita in France said...

What a smile ... isn't he a cutie, Marcia ... and so fun against the splashy ocean and those soft pink fluffy clouds! Hugs, Anita :)