Monday, June 15, 2020

CAS Christmas Reminder - Bells

Hello friends.  Just a friendly little reminder that there's still time to join us at the CAS Christmas Challenge and our hostess Linda would like to see Bells on your Christmas Cards.


I used an oldie but a goody PTI die... Enclosed: Bell to come up with my CAS card:


I die cut the solid bell from white cs and then embossed it using a Darice snowflake embossing folder. I die cut the bell outline and JOY from brushed silver cardstock and attached to the solid bell shape before adhering to a white panel that I embossed with SU!' s Subtle ef.


I matted with a thin layer of Garden Green cs (SU!) and adhered to a white card base.  My holly leaves and berries were die cut from black cs and then stamped with white pigment ink.  Once the pigment ink was dry I stamped the holly leaves again with Garden Green ink and then used Ruby Slippers Nuvo Drops for the berries.  I love how the holly leaves turned out with the black, white, and green together and then the pop of the red berries. I finished with some real fine silver thread that I tied through the top of the bell.

This challenge is open till the 24th, so if you need more inspiration to get you going, you can check it all out right HERE... we'd LOVE to see you in the gallery! 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


20 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful silver/white bell, Marcia! Perfect with the holly berries and metallic thread!!

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous Bell, Marcia. It looks especially lovely on the white.

I Card Everyone said...

This is my favorite silver cardstock - a Michael's buy, I'm betting? A very lovely way to ring in the Holiday, Marcia!
=]

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love the embossed center part of the bell and the silver outline. Great choice.

Bonnie said...

This bell is gorgeous with the embossing and silver border, but that holly made me drop my jaw! WOW! I love the thread swirling around the top of the bell too! Awesome card, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the crisp frosty white with the fancy silver! This is lovely Marcia!

Christine Alexander said...

Love the embossed bell and the tiny touch of green is perfect.
great challenge :)

Julia Aston said...

Such a pretty bell with the silver outline and sentiment and the white embossed center Marcia! Wonderful wispy thread tied above the red and green holly!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous dry embossed solid die cut bell image and Love the die cut bell outline, but your die cut black cardstock and colored heat embossed holly and berries really was a Stunning Embellishment! TFS your beauty, Marcia and detailed description. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Loll said...

Your bell is beautiful with the snowflake embossing, Marcia! And I LOVE those holly leaves. It was the first thing I noticed and couldn't wait to see how you make them. The black base makes such a dramatic addition. Great work! xx

Bobby said...

So fancy, Marcia. I love the silver outline over the embossed bell. The holly looks like it has some heft to it in direct contrast to the fine silver thread. Beautiful card, my friend.

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful silver bell, Marcia! I love how you placed the embossed panel and how you included the holly and berries! Such a lovely Christmas card...Barb

Trina P. said...

Ohhh, I remembered that PTI bell! It was the first time I learned about PTI. Beautiful card. Love how you did the holly/berries... very different and so creative. Using the EF’s was a great idea... gives fab texture.

Linda said...

Marcia, I have that bell, too. Your have made a beautiful card with it embossing the solid piece with snowflakes and the top piece in silver. And your holly is so lovely. You have been on a roll during this pandemic. Love seeing all of your creations. Hugs to you.

Ros Crawford said...

What a beauty Marcia... Your designs are always incredible!

Mac Mable said...

Such a creative way to do the bell and I love the oversized Bell too. A fabulous card Marcia x.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a fabulous bell card, Marcia! I never thought of dry embossing patterns on the bells! A wonderful thinking-out-of-the-box idea!
The shine from the blushed silver is so pretty, and I love the special holly leaves and berries!
Hideko xx

Cathy said...

Love all of the pretty details on this card Marcia, it's gorgeous, Cathy x

Anita in France said...

A lovely, shimmery bell with fabulous texture, Marcia ... and such delicious detailing with the holly, berries and that delicate thread bow! Hugs, Anita :)

Birgit said...

Your snowflake embossed bell is delightful! What a beautiful card my friend!!