Friday, June 12, 2020

Christmas Kickstart #32 - Care to Tag Along?

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge where this month they would like us to add a tag to our Christmas cards.


I used a fun background stamp from PB (Christmas Story) and a sweet little owl from MFT's Warm & Feathered Hugs to come up with this red & white card...


I stamped my background on white cs with Real Red ink and then used the same stamp embossed in white on Real Red cs before cutting out my tag (PTI's Scalloped Tags Die).  Love the play on play look this gives!  My little owl was Copic colored and die cut before pop dotting to the tag along with a piece of red & white bakers twine and some Dazzling Diamonds for a little sparkle on his hat pom pom.


The tag was also pop dotted onto the background and then all the layers adhered to a top folding white card base.  I thought it still needed a little somethin somethin, so I added a red die cut snowflake from PTI's Fancy Flakes and then called it good!

You can check out Jo's and her sweet elf (The QUEEN of tags!) Tracey McNeely's cards right HERE and then play along to get a head start on those Christmas cards!  This challenge is open till the end of the month.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable owl tag, Marcia! Just love the Christmas background in the two colors too!!

Cat Craig said...

I love that owl, so sweetly sitting on his tag all ready for the holidays with his sparklie pompom.

Bonnie said...

I love this sweet owl that looks like he's about to take a bow! And the red on white topped with the white on red tag is the perfect way to show him off!

Bobby said...

So cute, Marcia. Two of my favorite things - owls and the colors red. I'm getting behind on my Christmas cards. I'd better go check this out.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness, you've reminded me I have only a handful of Christmas cards ~ YIKES! Thanks for the inspiration with this cute little fella. He looks perfectly happy front and center on your tag!

Christine Alexander said...

So cute Marcia, love that little owl and your great background :)

I Card Everyone said...

Too cute, Marcia! LOve that little hooter, and the darling background you've stamped for him! This is awfully cute!
=]

Loll said...

Adorable tag card Marcia! I LOVE that sweet owl!:) He makes me happy! xx

Ros Crawford said...

He is so cute! What a fabulous tag card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia your card is so sweet. I just love your owl with the sparkly pom pom! Thank you joining us at Christmas Kickstart this month!

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card, Marcia! Love all the red. Thanks for joining Tracey and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Anita in France said...

Your little owl is adorable against all that festive red, Marcia ... so cute in his sparkly pompom hat! Hugs, Anita :)