Monday, July 6, 2020

Inspired By #131 - SUMMER PLEASE

Hello friends.  HAD to play along with the new Inspired By Challenge because, well, LOOK at this inspiration photo...


If you've been following me lately either here on my blog or on Instagram, then you know I am head over heels in LOVE with the pinwheel stamps, dies, and stencils from The Greetery!  So after looking at the inspiration photo, the pinwheels and streamers, and all the bright colors said let's make another CELEBRATION card!!


I started by using the Pinwheel Party Stencils and lots of bright colored inks to stencil my background, and also added a little light yellow shading with a blender brush.  Next I die cut some streamers using the Twisted Crepe Dies (also The Greetery) and glued them down over the background.


I stamped and die cut the "celebration" from The Greetery's Birthday Blooms set and added foam tape to the back for some dimension.  The "Summer" stamp comes from The Greetery too...the Lemon Blossom set.  I matted my top layer with a piece of Crushed Curry cs (SU!) and then adhered both layers to a white card base.  Some clear sequins from PPP finished off my Summer celebration card.

Check out all the wonderful Summertime inspired cards from the DT HERE and then play along.  The challenge is still open for a few more days and is the perfect opportunity to get some of those Summertime birthday or other celebration type cards done.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, Marcia, what a beauty! Jo x

Cat Craig said...

This is fantastic, and I'm betting there'll be chicken for dinner!

Birgit said...

This is so colorful and fun Marcia! A party all in itself!!

I Card Everyone said...

THERE IT IS!!! There's no explaining Blogger these days, is there? I'm so happy to see your darling pinwheels in our IB gallery, Marcia! Yes, YOU might have been that crafter I mentioned in my post... thanks again for making my IB crafting, and our IB gallery, so fun!! Your colors, masking, and design are really perfect for that inspiration photo! Thanks so much for playing along!
=]

Anita in France said...

Oh my what a perfect take on the inspiration, Marcia ... colourful, celebratory and just the right amount of shine ... fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a party, Marcia - love it!! So colorful and fun!!

Kay Miller said...

Marcia this is just beautiful! I love how you used the pinwheel stencils with the blending underneath! The streamers hanging down are perfect! Such a delightful and colorful card! Have a wonderful week my friend!! ((Hugs))

Bonnie said...

Another fun pinwheel card, Marcia! It looks like a party on a card! You are rocking these stamps, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

NAILED IT!!! This is exceptional Marcia. You've captured the IB photo perfectly. Thanks so much for joining us this week!

Vikki H said...

Just wonderful! Love the colors, design, streamers and your sentiment! Fun times ahead.

Cindy H. said...

This is such a great celebration card! It looks like summer fun!

Danni Reid said...

This card is perfect for the inspiration, looks like a summer party and is so inspiring! Thank you for inspiring us this week @ IB! Congratulations too!

TK said...

congrats for the win at IB! I love the party going on!