Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Print Making Coloring

Hello friends.  So Kathy Racoosin has another 30 Day Coloring Challenge going on right now, and she did an awesome video for Day 1 showing how to do what she calls PRINT MAKING COLORING.


I obviously need to watch the video AGAIN as my card turned out nothing like Kathy's, but at the same time I still like it, so decided to share it anyway!


My background is supposed to show more of the outline of the Daisy's and leaves, and obviously it doesn't, but I still like the soft colors (Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive, & Mossy Meadow...SU!) and how they look with the die cut Daisy's (Poppystamps - Delightful Daisy). 


My sentiment comes from the Stamp Simply's Fear Not stamp set, and I used a few clear sequins (PPP) to finish off my encouragement card.

This challenge is open all month (time enough for me to try again!) and you can check it out right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Anita in France said...

Just lovely, Marcia ... the colour palette and images are so soft and ethereal ... such a great contrast to that powerful, strong verse! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning background, Marcia! Remember, it's all about using what you've done - perfect that it's different from Kathy's! Day 8 and I still haven't tried that technique yet but you've inspired me!

I Card Everyone said...

Different can be pretty, too, Marcia... and you've accomplished pretty just beautifully!
=]

Bonnie said...

This daisy is aptly named because it is delightful, Marcia! I LOVE your background that's perfect to show off the daisies and one of my favorite scriptures. An awesome card, my friend!

JoAnn said...

I love your beautiful card. The daisies are so pretty and I can see some of the outlines in your lovely background. I think everything about it is perfect, including that scripture. TFS

Lisa Elton said...

Well, I don't know what her card looks like, but yours is fabulous!!

Ros Crawford said...

I absolutely love it!! Beautiful background for those pretty flowers. Have a lovely day my friend!

Cat Craig said...

It turned out so lovely, I'm glad you shared it. Delicate and beautiful.

Birgit said...

Oh my, I love this!! The soft background colors are just perfect and I love how you've colored the flowers. This is perfectly sweet!

Kara Lynne said...

Absolutely gorgeous background, Marcia! I love the softness of it, and the colors both in the background and on the flowers!

Mac Mable said...

Ohhh this is beautiful Marcia and I think the background looks fabulous. Such a delightful and pretty card x.

Loll said...

WOW! AMAZING card Marcia! Great work! You have taken this technique and made it your own. Very beautiful and artsy, my friend! xx