Friday, July 17, 2020

CAS Mix Up July 2020 - Stencil Tracing

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with the gals over at CAS Mix Up today and the challenge this month is a FUN and new one to me...tracing along the insides of your stencils.


I had just received a new stencil from SSS called Poppy Bouquet and thought I would try it out for this challenge.  It seems a little busy to me so I'm not sure if it qualifies as CAS, but I LOVE the way it turned out, so decided to share it anyway!  Take a look:


Most of you that follow me know I LOVE ink blending, and that's exactly how I started this card.  I used Gina K inks (Tangerine Twist, Red Velvet, Cherry Red, & Grass Green) and started with the Tangerine Twist and then just kept blending out until I had all 3 orange and reds blended together, and then did the tricky part of adding the green into all those tight spaces for the stems.  Leaving the stencil still in place, I then used my Pigma Micron 02 black pen to outline all the spaces.  Using Pixie Spray for a light tack on the back of the stencil is a real must do for this technique, so that the stencil doesn't move around while you're tracing.


I trimmed my panel down to 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 and added a black mat before adhering to a white card base, and then added a black with white embossed banner for my sentiment (SU! - Honey Bee).

This really was a FUN challenge and I can't wait to try it again with different stencils.  Lot's of great inspiration from the DT that you can check out HERE if you'd like to check this cool technique out and play along.  Challenge is open till the 24th.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


19 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Looks great, Marcia! Jo x

Mac Mable said...

Wow what a stunning effect. The blending looks fabulous and the outlining sure adds something extra special to your amazing card Marcia x.

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Marcia!

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome card Marcia, love the colours and the stencil you used. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up!

Anita in France said...

Simply gorgeous, Marcia ... your blending on those fabulous poppies positively glows ... what a stunner! Hugs, Anita :)

Ros Crawford said...

That is sheer perfection! Beautiful stencil and obviously a very steady hand for that tracing! Sending hugs

Kara Lynne said...

Wow! I LOVE the colors and your perfect blending, and those lines really make them pop all the more! I keep forgetting to use my Pixie Spray on stencils, thanks for the reminder! I hope all is well for you on this hot day before the storms that are coming!

Bonnie said...

These poppies are gorgeous, Marcia! Your blending is so smooth and the transitions between colors perfect! I love how the outlining makes these flowers pop even more and the tiny hello sentiment is such fun! Thank you for two cards I got from you this week. Both are beautiful! Loving that herringbone background and fresh fruit!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Plenty of white space, Marcia!! Just love your stenciled flowers with their outlines! Fun technique, still thinking of playing along...

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love the your tracing of that pretty poppy stencil. Great job with the colors.

I Card Everyone said...

I'll pass on the judgement, Marcia - I adore every single bit of it! LOve those orangey reds!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully CAS Marcia and quite striking! Have a great weekend XO

Loll said...

Your poppies are gorgeous Marcia! Love your ink blending with the different shades of orange and red. Really gives the flowers so much visual dimension. The outlining really makes the images pop. Glad you had fun with this technique! xx

Cat Craig said...

Its bautiful, Marcia. I llove that you outlined the flowers only. The make such a fabulous pop.

Jeanne H said...

What a gorgeous card...the colors, wow. It never occurred to me to leave the stencil on for the tracing. Thanks for the tip.

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous blended colors for your beautiful poppies, Marcia. I agree, the Pixie Spray really helps hold the stencil down when blending the colors and tracing. Love your framing and sweet banner tag too. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up Stencil, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Birgit said...

This looks fantastic Marcia! Your ink blending is perfect on these beautiful poppies. I like how the outline really makes these pop.

Jo said...

Oh how I love the ink blending on this beauty. Truly amazing.
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Linda said...

WOW! What a stunning effect from the stencil tracing ..... great job!