Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Just For Fun Part III

Hello friends.  Hope you all are doing well, staying safe, and finding things to do at home that bring you joy and not boredom!  I'm still stamping away and need to warn you ahead of time that this is a picture heavy post!  These cards are not associated with any challenges...just playing cards for fun!  So let's get started!

My first cards are a set of four using a FABULOUS new stamp from Penny Black called Illustrious


The 1st card I made used more of Summer colors, and then I got to thinking that I'd make a set of four using colors that matched up with the 4 seasons.  I stamped all of the images in Versafine Black Onyx ink and then heat embossed with clear before coloring with Prisma colored pencils and Gamsol.  I tried to channel my inner Jill Foster (designer for Penny Black) with the Christmas/Winter (top left) and Fall (bottom right) cards by using a rectangular mask and blending some background color in.  The sentiments are all Penny Black as well.


This card uses a fun technique from Gina K where you use thin washi tape down and across your center and then around the outside edges before blending rainbow colors.  Once you remove the washi tape you have a window look to your card and can decorate anyway you like.  I chose to do a wreath using Gina's Wreath Builder Template and black ink to make a silhouetted wreath.  The smile die cut was done 3 times for a little dimension and attached to a piece of vellum to make it stand out a bit more.


This card was done as a Mystery Stamping Card with my Tuesday night ZOOM girlfriends, and we were given the dimensions of cardstock and dsp to cut ahead of time, but didn't know how to assemble until we all got together.  (Sure provided some laughs at first!!)  You can see better in my next photo that the card is held together by the rectangle piece that has the ribbon on it.


Sorry for the lighting, but I do better with flat lay photography!  Anyhow, you get a better idea how this card is assembled where the rectangle piece holds the top and bottom segments of the card together.  Everything other than the ribbon is from SU!'s Forever Fern stamp set.


On my last Just For Fun post I showed you a set of four cards using the Split 4 Technique (Split 4 Technique), and my sweet friend Loll encouraged me to try the technique with a stencil as opposed to stamps, so using a stencil Loll sent me (Magenta Berry Branch) I made a set of 4 Christmas cards.



My sentiment are Penny Black and Gina K.  There should have been 2 horizontal and 2 vertical cards, but I messed up on the Winter Wishes card and stamped it vertically rather than horizontally...oops!!


This was another Gina K technique called Reverse Stenciling and it is so much FUN!  You start by blending multiple ink colors on your cardstock (I did mine in a stripe pattern starting at the top and blending my way down), and then place your stencil over the blending and using another blending brush, blend black ink all over the top of the stencil.  It will look gray until you remove the stencil, and then the black definitely shows up along with all the color!  I used Gina's Daisy Chain Stencil for this card.  Fun, fun, FUN!!!


My last card is using a fun new set from SU! called Whale Done!  I am totally in LOVE with the DSP that coordinates with this set and used it on the outside of card, and then die cut a circle window to you can see the inside where I used the coordinating embossing folder and the whale image.  My 3 year old grandson is gong to LOVE this one!!

If you stuck with me to the very end...YAY to you!!  I know this was a long post, but much simpler than making up a bunch of different posts!  So thanks for sticking with me and hope you enjoyed seeing what I've been up to!  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, you’ve been busy. I am loving all these techniques that are now on my must try list. you’ve also managed to use two of my new favorite SU products, the fern suite and the undersea ef. I am thoroughly loving each of your cards and I’ll have to keep the techniques in mind once I get back to my crafty space. It’s just too hot right now. HUGS.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

My goodness, what a fabulous batch of cards, Marcia!! Just love them all but my fave is your bright reverse stencil one - so colorful!! Weren't Gina & Rina a kick on that FB Live?? Well, they got their cards made despite all their zaniness!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, I had a whale of time catching up on what fun you've had! Keep 'em coming, my friend! I have to tell you that I adore the dsp you used on that fancy-schmancy multi-level card!
=]

Bonnie said...

This post was a lot of fun for me too, Marcia! We all need to do more stamping just for fun!

Lisa Elton said...

Goodness gracious Marcia, your just for fun cards are out of this world! Your fancy fold card is wonderful, love the paper and the colors! I think your first set of four with made with the Illustrious PB set are my favorite!

Birgit said...

Wowza Marcia, so much wonderful inspiration here! They're all fantastic but I'm in awe of the reverse stenciled card and that sweet whale card. I too love the paper in that pack and might just have to break down and get some. So glad you're having so much fun in that craft room of yours. Wish I could join you. ;)

JoAnn said...

Wow, you have been a busy stamping lady and glad you had fun making them. Love all the techniques you tried. All your cards are fabulous. Thanks for sharing all the details.

Bobby said...

Oh my goodness, Marcia. You have been creating up a storm. Love the new techniques. You know I had to go watch the Split 4 video and want to try that one myself when I get back to crafting. I also want to watch Gina K's replays. I know you've been watching live and tried all her ideas. Keep up the good work, my friend.

Loll said...

Your just for fun stamping was very successful! Loads of amazing designs and techniques. Very inspirational post Marcia! Looks like you had so much fun! xx

Anita in France said...

Wow, Marcia ... how creative and productive are you ... what a fantastic collection! There's so much inspiration here ... techniques, designs, images ... goodness, it's a veritable feast ... each card is just gorgeous! Still have the Split-4 technique on my list ... definitely one to try! Hugs, Anita :)

HilaryJane said...

Well, what a truly wonderful set of cards and all so different. I am going to have to try some of the techniques you have used xx

Darnell said...

I know it's simpler, Marcia, but gosh, each of these creations or sets of creations deserves its own post! They are all STARS! Thank you for giving me so many ideas and so many places to go to look for videos! I'm impressed at your productivity and energy ... it's contagious! Off I go ... but where to start?! By pinning, of course! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Dotty Jo said...

They all look fabulous, Marcia, Jo x

Ros Crawford said...

Oh what a fabulous array of cards...I absolutely adore the Illustrious ones... Beautiful!! Your blending, stamping,designs and colours are always a joy and everyone of these is just magnificent!