Monday, July 13, 2020

The Flower Challenge #46 - Summer/Winter

Hello friends.  Playing along with The Flower Challenge where this month they are looking for Summer or Winter (depending on which hemisphere you live in) flowers on our cards.


Well it is definitely SUMMER in my neck of the woods...temps have been in the 90's for the past two weeks and looks like this week will be no different!  So I have a twofer for you today because I just received Pinkfresh Studio's Modern Layered Floral stamp set, and couldn't put it down after just one card.  I'll show you my most Summer looking one first...


The whole flower bouquet is a 4 step stamping process (that lines up SO easily too!), and after inking each layer, I spritzed with water to give the faux water colored look. 


After die cutting the bouquet, I added it to a card base where I also added PTI's Bold Border: Polka Dot Die (I love the look of white on white!).  I also added the little die cut envelope from The Greetery's Signed & Sealed stamp set and a pink bow from The Greetery's Fit To Be Tied.  A few sequins and some white crochet thread finished off my bright and Summery card.


My 2nd card isn't as bright and colorful as my first, but the peachy orange colors remind me of my Daylily's that are blooming right now.  My 5 year old granddaughter picked all of the ones in our backyard over the 4th and I thought her mother was going to have a heart attack!  But how could I be mad with that sweet little face offering me the bouquet of flowers...it just melted my heart!! 


The only thing I really changed on this 2nd card was the Ocean Tides card base and the die cut Hello (also from Pinkfresh Studio's).

Absolutely GORGEOUS cards from the DT this month, so check it all out HERE and play along!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Birgit said...

These are both beautiful Marcia! I love those pretty Pink Fresh posies. NOT spending money is no easy task when I visit you and see all the wonderful new stamps you find. You're killin' me!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beautiful bouquets, Marcia - just love them both but the bright one really caught my eye!! Awww - sweet little granddaughter, bet you enjoyed that bouquet too!!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful cards Marcia. Loving all your layers and the designs.

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous, times two - MILLION! I'm a sucker for that envie full of blooms, Marcia! So pretty on the white on white - white on gray-green, too! What a beautiful way to say HELLO!
=]

Bonnie said...

Beautiful bouquets that can rival a bouquet of day lilies, Marcia! But flowers from a granddaughter is the best of all! I love how you've popped the pretty blooms in the envelope on the first card. The polka dot frame on the second card shows off the bouquet beautifully! Two lovely cards, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Those bright and happy posies tucked into the envelope are just wonderful! Two fabulous cards Marcia. You can never go wrong with polka dots. The story of your granddaughter is precious <3

TaeEun said...

Love both version of your floral cards, Marcia! The bouquet bursting out of the envelope is so pretty on the white background! The second card is more fun and refreshing with that bold sentiment! Thank you so much for playing along at The Flower Challenge!

Anita in France said...

These are both so lovely, Marcia ... fresh, clean and so beautifully composed! I did chuckle at your flower picking story ... what a sweetheart! Hugs, Anita :)

Ros Crawford said...

I hear you are sweltering out there... Your cards are so pretty! Beautifully done and they scream summer!

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards Marcia. Love that bouquet of flowers popping out of the envelope. So adorable! The mix of flowers and colours is so fun and definitely says "summer is here"! The second card is equally beautiful. LOVE the coral flowers with the ocean tides leaves and background. Great combination! Stay cool! xx

Nancy Penir said...

Well, I love both! So beautiful with all the bright cheery flowers. And as for your granddaughter... she has good taste!

Bobby said...

What beautiful bouquets, Marcia. Such wonderful color and the polka dot die adds great dimension.