Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Split 4 Stamping - Christmas Thank You's

Hello friends.  So I'm still a bit hooked on the Split 4 Technique (which you can watch a video HERE on how to do), and thought I would share a set of Christmas Thank You's I made using this fun technique.


Using SU!'s Forever Fern stamp set, here's what my 8 x 10 1/2 sheet looked like after stamping and before cutting into quarters.


And here they are after trimming, adding my sentiment (Gina K's Vibrant Blooms), and adhering to a Cherry Cobbler panel and a cream colored card base.


Besides using the red & green (and Peacock Blue) inks, I also used Gold Delicata ink for the little dotted splatters...makes the cards a little more festive!


I usually do pretty well getting my Christmas cards done ahead of time each year, but I do scramble when it comes time to making some Christmas Thank You's, so I'm thrilled to have a few done already this year!  I guess that's one good thing I can say about this pandemic, although not much else!!  Hope you are all doing well and staying safe...the numbers sure are getting scary again! 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

Birgit said...

These are gorgeous Marcia and I love the colors you used. I'm still waiting for my order to arrive..... This might be the first technique I try when it comes. Beautiful!!

Betty said...

Between you and Loll you two certainly have me hooked on this technique - and this set is so lovely in those colors - think this is going to be my "go to" technique when i make a batch of cards.

Cat Craig said...

I agree with Betty....Love love love this technique. So much fun and it ends up making such pretty cards. I am going to try some Christmas colors on my next play out.

Mac Mable said...

What a great idea to get ahead with your Christmas Thank you's and what a wonderful technique to do them with. Your colours and the stamping are amazing Marcia...I love them x.

Colleen said...

I love that stamp set...the built in shading is just fantastic...LOVE your colors and beautiful 4 cards!

nancy littrell said...

Wow..four gorgeous Thank you cards with the SU Forever Fern stamp set, which I now have because of you, my friend. I LOVED your color choices and finished cards. TFS the photos before and after cutting your card fronts. Love and Hugs...Nancy...Yes, scary...Stay Safe, Marcia and Creative..Love and Hugs..Nancy

I Card Everyone said...

I love this fresh batch of 4, Marcia!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I need to give this technique a try, you and Michele make it look so easy! These are fabulous Marcia! You're on your Christmas thanks yous and I need to get moving on my Christmas cards!

Christine Alexander said...

love your colour combo with the fern set, just might have to CASE :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a fun technique - I need to try it! Just love how you created four special Christmas thank yous, Marcia!! All so pretty!!

Bonnie said...

These are perfect for any time of the year, Marcia! Love the leaves and the colors you used!

Charlotte said...

If you don't mind, what colors did you use for the leaves and the product type please. They are just gorgeous!!

Marcia Hill said...

I used all SU! colors...Garden Green, Just Jade, Pretty Peacock, & Merry Merlot. The little dots were done with Delicata Golden Glitz Pigment ink. Hope that helps! :0)

Loll said...

LOVE these colours with that beautiful stamp set Marcia!! You are getting ahead with your Christmas TY's ... I still have lots of cards I need to make for Christmas, but I'm slowly getting there. :) xx

Darnell said...

Another gorgeous Fourfer using this technique and that stamp set, Marcia! I've made a bunch of card fronts, too, both Christmas and non-Christmas. Now if I only I could hire a little neighbor girl or boy to put them on card backs, lol! That's the not-so-fun part of making cards. You keep in and keep safe!! Hugs, Darnell

Bobby said...

Those turned out beautifully, Marcia. That was a great stamp set for the technique.