Saturday, April 1, 2023

Color Hues Challenge #61 - PEACH & KRAFT

Hello friends.  It's a new month and time for another new color challenge, and this time we're playing with the colors PEACH & KRAFT at The Color Hues Challenge.  


Since it's officially Spring now, I thought I'd use a little CCC freebie set I'd received back in January and hadn't had a chance to play with yet called Finally Spring.  I thought the name very fitting especially since I live in Michigan and Spring usually takes its sweet time getting here!!  Here's what I came up with...


I stamped my image in black and then heat embossed in clear before coloring with my Copics the bunny, 2 birdies, and the flowers.  I left the branches and leaves uncolored to stay with the chosen challenge colors.  Next I die cut a frame using PTI's Bold Borders: Polka Dots Die with kraft cardstock and mounted over a white card base.  


I finished the card with The Greetery's Loopy Bow Builder Die and some retired Groovy Guava cardstock (SU!...the closest I had to peach colored) for the bow and also for the "Spring" part of the sentiment.  I finished with a few PFS glitter gems in a peachy color.

We can't wait to see what YOU come up with using this color combination!  LOTS of inspiration from the DT and our Special GD, so check it all out right HERE and play along with us!  This challenge will be open till the 14th @ 9:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Polka dots, a sweet little bunny, a loopy bow... what's not to LOVE here! Darling card, Marcia!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia your card is just the sweetest. I love the way you coloured that CCC bunny! So happy that spring has finally sprung for you. We have a few more feet of snow to melt still!

Leslie Miller said...

Another pretty color combo! Just look how great it works with your darling stamped image. Seriously, the image is just too cute. Cool frame, too. I still have Groovy Guava. The colored cardstock just goes on and on same as my designer paper stash. I can't even remember the last time I bought colored cardstock and yet I have so much!

Nancy said...

What a cute free stamp, Marcia. I love the way you framed it with the polka-dot cover plate and that bow is wonderful too. Great job with the challenge colors and I hope Spring is right around the corner for you!

Bonnie said...

How lucky to have gotten this sweet stamp free, Marcia! Love the coloring and that fantastic frame with the big bow! I remember Groovy Guava! One of my favorite colors!

Karen said...

What an adorable little scene, perfectly framed with the bold polka-dots and pretty bow! You've done a great job combining a variety of products from different companies. I'm hoping, with you, that spring is just around the corner, but it takes its sweet time here in western New York as well.

Stef Perry said...

Marcia, your card is beyond darling, with that wonderful AJ illustrated stamp! And how great the polka dot frame worked perfectly with that cute scene. Every detail is so well thought out, as usual! Love this!

Julie B said...

I do love those CC bunny stamps and a freebie to boot, beautifully framed with the polka dots. Spring has finally arrived here, I think, the lambs are pinging outside in the field and the magnolia is in full bloom along with the daffodils. Hope spring reaches you soon. :)

Cat Craig said...

Definitely time for spring, and that beauty is sweetly framed. Lovely use of the colors.

Birgit said...

This is perfectly sweet with the polka dotted border. What a darling image and colored to perfection. I'm right there with you, here on the east coast, just waiting for spring to come and stay.

I Card Everyone said...

I may have to borrow this one, Marcia - what a sweet little scene you've made today! LOve that big bow! [though I wish you'd saved those warm Spring temps for our homecoming!]
=]

!neke said...

Great inspirational card !!!!!
groeten Ineke

Cindy Beach said...

Another great card with such pretty characters from Anita Jeram. Your coloring makes this a fun scene and you know I love the polka dots! This is a sweet design, Marcia!

nancy littrell said...

Aahhh...such a sweet Spring scene using the Color Hues Challenge colors, Marcia. I love how you used the open polka dots framing with the white cardstock background. It really lightened up your Spring card design, which is adorable:-) TFS my friend. Happy Spring...Hugs..Nancy