Saturday, July 1, 2023

Color Hues Challenge #67 - Merlot & Navy

Hello friends.  Happy July!  It's time for another challenge here at Color Hues, and I'm the hostess for the next two weeks and I've chosen the colors of Merlot & Navy.  


I was thinking 4th of July and red, white, & blue when I chose these colors, but decided to go a little darker for something different, and I think the deep reddish purple of Merlot and the dark shade of blue for Navy would work beautifully for our cards in this challenge, and I can't wait to see what YOU all come up with!!

I have been having so much fun with SSS's Bold Geometric Stencil lately and thought I'd try it out with the Merlot & Navy for my card background, and I love how it turned out!  Take a look...


I used Merry Merlot and Starry Sky inks (SU!) for my background and just LOVE the way it turned out!  I used Anita Jeram's Ice Cream Day stamp and die for my cute little (paper) mouse who's holding a yummy black cherry ice cream cone!


 I don't know if he can eat all that, but he sure looks ready to try!  The sentiment is also from the Ice Cream Day set, and I bordered my sentiment strip with a partial strip of The Greetery's Ribbon Maker: Pinked Stars Die cut out in Starry Sky cs.  I also cut one from Merry Merlot and used the stars to fill in on the Starry Sky strip, and then used both colors of stars to decorate the white strip and also on the Crimped Circle Die (also The Greetery).  I used Copics to color the little mouse and ice cream cone, and then added some glitter to the ice cream for a little added sparkle.  

Sure hope you'll join us in playing with this color combination, and no need to make it a July 4th card  (unless you want to!).  The sky's the limit with our color challenges as long as you stick to the two chosen colors and neutrals.  So have FUN and join us...we really do want to see YOU in our gallery!  You can check it all out right HERE along with all the fabulous inspiration from the DT and our Special GD Rosemary.  This challenge is open till July 14th @ 9:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



15 comments:

Nancy said...

Awesome choice of colors and your card is darling. Love your ice cream-toting mouse and that great background. The gallery is going to be so pretty!

Bonnie said...

Fabulous stenciled background and a darling stamped and colored image, Marcia! Great choice of colors! I'll have to get my thinking cap on.

Karen said...

This was a great choice of colors, Marcia, and I love your interpretation! That stencil is wonderful, and I've put it on my wish list. You can never go wrong with those cute Anita Jeram mice and ice cream. Such a fun card!

TK said...

LOVE the colors you've chosen and they work perfectly for your handsome mouse and yummy cherry cone!

Julie B said...

I knew exactly which image I was going to use for my card Marcia, so it was a great choice for me! I love the stencilled background and your cheeky Anita Jeram mouse. :)

Birgit said...

What a great take on patriotic colors. I love the merlot and navy together. Your card is adorable! I would take a bet that he can eat the whole thing!!

Bobby said...

Your graphic stencil looks marvelous in those colors, Marcia. I stenciled flowers in those colors once. Too bad I can't re-use that card. lol That mouse is adorable and I love all the extras you put on the card to emphasize him and his giant cone.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so happy to get up close and personal with this darling mouse and her ice cream - I didn't notice the icy goodness!
Can't wait to play, Marcia!
=]

Cat Craig said...

rest colors, Marcia. I am looking forward to trying them. Your blended stencil work is amazing and a perfect landing spot for that mouse and her treat.

Stef Perry said...

What a sweet, happy card this is Marcia! I adore the ice cream loving mouse and the glitter was just the perfect touch! While this is not specifically a 4th of July card, the colors, the stars and the ice cream all make me think of family get-togethers for the holiday. So cute!

Lisa Elton said...

That sweet mouse is a little fella after my own heart! This is so cute, Marcia! Terrific used of the colors!

Cindy Beach said...

I love the wonderful colors you chose for us, Marcia! Your gorgeous background is the perfect place for your ice-cream eating little mouse!The stars and sparkle are festive and fun!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia I love how these colours look with that stencil I'm really digging how the ice cream stamps works so well with your stencilled background. Thank you for choosing such bold colours for this challenge, it definitely got me thinking!

cm said...

I can see why you love how your background turned out; it's fabulous with the ink choices you made. A delightful stage for your star-of-the-show mouse and his big black cherry ice cream cone. An inspiring, inspired card for this challenge!
hugs~carol

Rosemary said...

Your inked background is beautiful in the navy and merlot! Thanks so much for the lovely comment and for coming up with such a fun color combo.