Friday, July 14, 2023

Double D Challenge - The Great Outdoors

Hello friends.  It's a warm and muggy day here in West Michigan, so a perfect day to debut Beaks from Stacey Yakula and PURPLE ONION DESIGNS, and play along with Double D's The Great Outdoor Challenge.


Yep, it's a perfect day to spend at the beach, and the adorable little pelican named Beaks thinks so too!  Take a look...


I don't think any of our great lakes have pelicans, but for today we'll just use our imaginations!  My background was stamped and ink blended using the Ocean Shoreline Background and Wood Post Set (both Stacey Yacula and Purple Onion Designs) and then die cut using PFS's Scalloped Circle Die Set.


Little Beaks was stamped in black ink and heat set with clear embossing powder before being colored with my Copics and then fussy cut out and pop dotted to add a bit of dimension from the background.  I finished with a sentiment (a freebie from Purple Onion Designs) that goes perfectly with the challenge of the outdoors!  Oh and added a couple clear gems (PFS) to look like water droplets!

Lots of wonderful inspiration from the talented DT and already in the gallery, so if you're looking for ideas (especially for masculine cards!), make sure you check them all out right HERE.  This challenge is open till Sunday, July 16th @ 8:00PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



8 comments:

Birgit said...

Beaks is certainly adorable and I love his name! What a fantastic background for this beach faring bird!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, I love this little scene you've created for Beaks! This is a darling card, Marcia!

Bonnie said...

Beaks is so cute and you've made a perfect seaside scene! Love the scalloped circle that frames him!

TK said...

Beaks is so handsome he almost totally distracts one from the fun beach scene! Cute card, Marcia

Diane said...

I just LOVE Beaks, such a cute and fun fun card, nope no pelicans here in Michigan dang it!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

I Card Everyone said...

Well, isn't he the cutest thing with a beak I've ever seen! Although, our baby bluebirds come in close!
This is so very sweet!
I would crack up if I ever saw a Pelican at our beach, Marcia - but we have plenty of Great Blue Herons that visit our pond and they are huge - we duck when they fly over!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

We have pelicans here but they aren't this cute! I just love Beaks and his beachy environment. The background is perfect. I'll bet the temperature is just right where he lives. So adorable, Marcia! Thanks for playing along with us at Double D. I always love to see you there!

Bobby said...

This is so cute, Marcia.