Monday, July 3, 2023

Stenciling Back to Back with Michele

Hello friends.  Michele and I had another play date this past week, and although we did more talking (and eating) than we did stamping, we had a wonderful day together and did manage to create 2 cards each to share with you!  I was lucky enough to be one of the Grand Prize Winners in May from Pinkfresh Studios and it had just arrived in the mail a couple days before Michele came, so I saved it so we could open it together as we both LOVE PFS products.  Stenciling seems to be our jam when we get together, and included in all my new goodies was a beautiful set called Pretty Blossoms, that included the stamp (it's a red rubber background one), the die, and the stencils.  So let's get to it and we'll show you what we created!

 

I did my stenciling in shades of coral, pinks & turquoise inks (PFS inks) and then used the die to cut out the white spaces.  I added foam tape behind the flowers and leaves and added to a layer of Ocean Mist cardstock (Gina K) and then mounted to top folding white card base.  It still needed something so I added the Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Die (PFS) in white to the top and it framed it out perfectly.


To finish I added my die cut sentiment from the Circle Florals stamp and die set (PFS) and also added a few Disco Ball Sequins from Gina K for a bit of bling.  The depth on this card with having part of the background cut out really makes this card special and so much prettier than my photos show!!


My 2nd card is very bright compared to my 1st card and I had fun masking off sections of the stencil so I could make the flowers all different colors as opposed to my 1st card.  When I added my white circle for my sentiment (Diagonal Stitched Circles - PFS), it covered up a few of the florals, so I stenciled and fussy cut the pink flower and added it over the portion of the circle.  I added my stacked sentiment (Perfect Sentiments - PFS), but it still looked glaringly white to me (the circle), so I added a few silver metallic pearls and a snippet of the Leafy Branch that I die cut from vellum.  Much better!!


   I also added glitter to all the green leaves for some sparkle because why not?!!  The two cards are very similar in some ways, but still different enough with their colors that I'm very happy with the way they turned out!

Play dates with Michele are ALWAYS fun and this was a much needed time together for both of us!  Like I said earlier, we didn't do as much stamping as we usually do, but there was lots of catching up to do on life and I treasure that part of our friendship!!  And again, we had to take time to eat, and a Summertime taco salad sure hit the spot, along with the payday bars Michele brought...yummmmmm!!  You can check out what Michele did with these Pretty Blossoms stencils right HERE...I'm going to check them out too as I always LOVE her creative takes on everything!  Thanks again for coming over Michele and sharing a much needed friend day!!

hanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Leave it to you to find a way to make all different colored flowers! You are so clever, Marcia! I'm loving your ink choices - especially that pretty purples.
Love the frame, and the added circle of white - a little slip of vellum always adds a bit of 'extra' pretty - and there's that crimping that always makes me want pie!
It was a wonderful day, my friend, and I look forward to next time already! xx
=]

Diane said...

Wow, both cards are absolutely gorgeous, love the pretty color combo on the first one and all the happy colors on the second one!! I think the best part of creating together besides the friendship is the food, HAH!! I don't know if you remember Joan's Gardens in North Liberty Indiana but she had a shop there and had get-together workshops a few times a year, after a few years it was just six of us that got together every year for 3 fun spectacular days of creating, that is how I met my challenge co-Owner and friend 'partner in crime' Darlene and she would stay here and we would drive down each day from Michigan, it was so fun, you are lucky to have Michele to get together with! Have a great and safe and happy 4th!!

Bonnie said...

Another productive playdate, Marcia! Congratulations on your win! I love how you made this background in two very different looks! The sentiments are a perfect fit!

Cat Craig said...

Congrats on your win, Marcia. Both cards are lovely and have such nice add ones. The scalloped frame is gorgeous and on your second card the vellum leaves along with the white sentiment circle just add to the perfection.

Lisa Elton said...

You girls always make lots of pretty when you're together! These are fabulous, Marcia! Love the color choices on both, but the multi colored blooms on the second are quite eye catching! Congrats on your win ;)

Loll said...

Beautiful cards Marcia. I LOVE the different colour combinations you've used. Gorgeous and summery cards. Looks like you and Michele had lots of fun!! :) xx

Leslie Miller said...

It's been too long since I had a girlfriend play day get together! I've had visits, but no play with the lunch and all that. So fun! Wow, congratulations on your grand prize winnings! I love that you saved the opening for Michele's visit. What pretty cards and so much joy evident in the creation of them. Thanks for sharing your creative process. I always enjoy the read.

Linda said...

So fun to get together and stamp with a blogging friend. Colleen and I are planning a play day this Thursday. Wish we could get together more often than we do. Both cards are so beautiful, but my favorite is the second one with all the different colors. So bright and sunny. Love how you got 4 different looks between the 2 of you. Hugs, Lin

Bobby said...

Congratulations on your win, Marcia. You did great with the stencils. One thing I like about them is the way you can make them look so different by changing the colors. Being able to cut them out and pop them up really changes the look too.

Birgit said...

You two just have way too much fun when you're together and we get to reap the benefits of your beautiful creations when you both post your projects. These are both stunning! The lacy frame is the perfect touch to bring out the flowers on the first card, and I love how you changed up the colors on the second card. Great thinking to fussy cut one out and bring it to the forefront. Beautifully done my friend! Off to check out Michele's blog. ;0)

Birgit said...

I forgot to say Congratulations on your big PFS win!!

TK said...

Congrats on your win, and you've made two amazing beauties out of the win! Love the colors on both and all the special details