Monday, July 17, 2023

The Flower Challenge #82 - Clean & Simple

Hello friends.  Today I'm playing along with the gals over at The Flower Challenge where they are looking for CAS cards.


I pulled an oldie from The Greetery out called Sketchbook Roses and came up with this...


I stamped the outline stamp in black and then did the 2 step stamping for the leaves and roses.  (Jelly Bean Green & Fresh Asparagus for the leaves and Sparkling Rose & Bubble Gum for the roses.  Gina K and PFS inks.)  I die cut the image with the coordinating die and then layed it out on my white card base, but it looked TOO plain!  I know CAS involves a lot of white space with minimal layers and no embellishments, but this card definitely NEEDED something!  So anyway, I added a layer of white that I embossed with SU!'s Cane Weave 3D embossing folder to my card base before adding my flowers, and I liked that much better!!  


 My sentiment was embossed with white on black cs and then die cut with the coordinating die (Gina K's Radiant Roses).  I went rogue once again and added embellishments that I wasn't supposed to, but I just couldn't resist...it's CAS to me and I really like how it turned out!  True CAS is definitely an art form, but for me, this is it!  :0)

There's still time to play, so check out all the beauties from the DT and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till Tuesday July 25th @ 5:00PM. 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



9 comments:

Birgit said...

This looks lovely Marcia, and CAS to me!! I struggle with CAS too, as I always want to add more. I think the embossed background adds texture and depth, and makes the delicate flower pop. The black dots are the perfect finishing touch!

I Card Everyone said...

I LOVE IT! and remember a really fun card playing session with you using this beautiful set, Marcia!
Thank you, always, for being such a good friend to The Flower Challenge, and for playing in our CAS challenge!
=]

Bobby said...

I understand the urge to add to a card in this day and age, Marcia. I love CAS cards but as this hobby progresses, more is better. Your card is so pretty with all the dimension and soft colors of the roses. Thanks for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful pink roses, Marcia! I love the basketweave embossing in the background that adds texture but doesn't detract from the main image! Beautiful card, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

I still see lots of white and a lovely design that works for me! I like your pretty roses and the interest the basket weave adds. Pretty card, Marcia!

TK said...

Beautiful -- and definitely CAS to me since I see plenty of open space! Go rogue!

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful 2-step stamp in pretty colors! I love the sketchy look a lot. You know me -- CAS is a relative term and I'm no good at extreme CAS, but this is perfect in my eyes. Love the embossing and the black pearls. CAS usually only happens by accident in my stamp room. I have too many fun supplies!

Cat Craig said...

Those blooms are lovely, and beautifully composed in this card.

Julia Aston said...

Great partial coloring on your blooms Marcia - and a wonderful embossed woven panel behind them!