Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge #44

Hello friends.  Thought I was doing ok keeping up with my Christmas card stash, but ended up selling quite a few of them this past weekend at a family gathering, so now I really need to kick it in gear and start making more!  Thankfully there's challenges like the Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge that help inspire me to get making!



I was inspired by the snowy scenes in the top right and bottom left photos and used a Spellbinders foil plate that I had bought last year and then never used.  This is one of those cards that photographs just don't do it justice, but in real life it totally SHINES!!


I used a piece of very old and hoarded navy blue with white speckles cardstock that has a pretty rough feel to it, so it didn't foil as nicely as I would have liked, but you can still see the color of the Aura Foil (Spellbinders) on the frame, scene & sentiment, and then the Speckled Prism (also Spellbinders) for the snowy dots at the top.  I have found during this past year that the smoother the cardstock you use, the better your foiling results will turn out!  The framing set I used was Essential Duo Lines Glimmer Rectangles, the snowflakes and village scene are from the Glimmer Winter Village set, and the sentiment is from Yana's Christmas Sentiments.  This card was really pretty easy to do, and I did make 2 of them to help replace some of what I sold this past weekend.  

If you're like me and need to get going on your Christmas cards, then check out all the fabulous inspiration from the DT and play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till Thursday August 3rd @ 8:00PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



13 comments:

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous Marcia! I love the multi-colored shine the foiling gives this peaceful scene. What a beautiful entry into the challenge!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card Marcia. All the elements go together perfectly.

Cindy H. said...

Simple design with so much elegance! Love how the foiling lights up the houses.

I Card Everyone said...

Your '...didn't foil as nicely..' outdoes any of the foiling I'm seeing these days, Marcia! What a beautiful Christmas scene! Love the aura on your navy!
=]

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely foiled image Marcia - I can see the holographic colors on this against that wonderful splattered blue! I really need to get out my machine and try this hot foiling! (it's on my table already to review the instruction video - but that's as far as it's gotten so far - you have inspired me with this pretty creation! Julia xx

Bobby said...

I can definitely see the beautiful shine of that aura foil, Marcia. What a peaceful scene you have made.

Bonnie said...

I love how the foil shines on that gorgeous navy blue and the speckles add a feel of snow falling! Gorgeous Christmas card, Marcia!

Lisa Elton said...

I think the foiling looks fabulous Marcia and I love the color of foil you chose! This is so sweet!

Lisa Elton said...

Almost forgot... thanks for all of the sweet 'joy' that arrived in my mailbox today XO

TK said...

Wonderful card, and I do love the shine, it's always so pretty on dark cardstock! This is a terrific replacement for those that left the "stash".

Leslie Miller said...

This is such a pretty little neighborhood shimmering like a rainbow in the night sky. You have the ideal framing for it and I can see the Aura colors nicely on that, too. The gleam IRL must be spellbinding. You've got your work cut out for you with the Christmas cards now!

Darlene said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Marcia! I gasp when I saw it open up on my screen! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

so gorgeous love it Thanks for sharing over at Peace on Earth Christmas and hope to see you in future challenges.
Elaine DT

KraftiKards (my blog)
613 Avenue Create DT
AAA Birthday DT
Peace on Earth Christmas DT
Simply Clean and Simple DT
Love to Scrap DT
Love to Craft DT
Mix it up DT
Merry Little Christmas DT