Sunday, July 9, 2023

May 2023 Pinkfresh Studio Grand Prize WIN

Hello friends.  A couple of months ago in May, I was a lucky girl to win the GRAND PRIZE at Pinkfresh Studios.  That means they send you one of EVERYTHING they released that month...stamp sets, coordinating dies, stencils, and hot foil plates!  We're talking anywhere between $300 - $400 worth of product...FREE!! And Pinkfresh Studios does this every month for 2 lucky winners!  I think it is amazing that they are SO generous every month, and I was just grateful to be one of the lucky winners!!  Thank you, THANK YOU Pinkfresh Studios!!  

Last week Monday my sweet friend Michele and I played with the Pretty Blossoms stencil set that you can see HERE, but I still had a LOT of stamps, stencils, dies, & hot foil plates to play with, so I spent most of this past week making cards using all the new goodies.  I managed to use everything but The Magic is in You set, but I will get to that at some point down the road.  I had to play with the Pretty Blossoms set again, but I also used the Delicate Foliage set, the Handpicked Flowers set, and the Butterfly Garden set.  So anyway, this is a loooooong post and very picture heavy!  Hope you can hang in there!!


The Delicate Foliage set has a hot foil plate, so I foiled the leaf image in silver prism foil and it's so pretty when the light hits it!



It also has a coordinating stencil set, although I have to admit I struggled a bit because this stencil set doesn't line up completely with the foiled (or stamped) images of the leaves.  After going to their website to check it out and finding it was intended to be that way (kinda artsy!), I relaxed and just kind of did my own thing.  Did a bit of ink blending on my background and then used foam tape on the back of the leaves  before placing it on the ink blended card base.  A few gems and the included sentiment finished off this card.


This card and my next card both use the Handpicked Flowers stamp, die & stencil set, and the background on this card uses the Diagonal Stitched Plaid coverplate die.  I love the soft yellow and blue color combo on this one!


My die cut Hello comes from the Perfect Sentiments stamp and die set, and a few silver metallic pearls added a little bling to finish off this card.


This card isn't too much different than the previous card, just a color change with reds & pinks this time, and then the background is the Stitched Diamonds coverplate die.


I did add a piece of red cs behind the die cut flowers, and popped the flowers up on foam tape, so it's fun to see a bit of that solid red peeking through.  I also added a thin red strip of cs on the side and then finished with a few red gems and some black & white twine.  The die cut sentiment is part of the Handpicked Flowers set.


 This card is one of those that looks so much prettier in real life!  The embossed background piece is really a tea rose color (Gina K) and not the peach color that my camera was picking up.  I used a rubber mat and the hot foil plate to the Pretty Blossoms set to emboss the cs and it makes such a lovely background!  I used the Butterfly Gardens stamp set for my top layer and embossed it in silver before using the coordinating stencils to color in all the leaves, flowers & butterflies.


I used the Slim Ornate Banner Dies to cut this top layer and then added foam tape to the back before layering it over the embossed background.  A piece of ribbon (SU!), a few pink gem stones, and the sentiment (also from the Butterfly Gardens set) finished off this sweet card.


I think this 5th card turned out to be my favorite because of the colors...YELLOW is my favorite color after all!!  I went back to the Pretty Blossoms set and used the hot foil plate and Aura foil to make my top layer and the stencils to color it all in.  I then die cut it and added it over top of a yellow layer that I used my rubber mat and the hot foil plate to emboss with.


I used foam tape once again so you could see the back layer better...isn't that embossing so pretty peeking through the die cut areas?!  I used the Fancy Script Words hot foil plate with more of the Aura foil for my birthday sentiment and that finished off this card.


My last card came about after I had foiled the yellow card and had the leftover piece of foil that had all the outlines for the flowers and the rest being solid gold and it was just too pretty to throw away!  So I used a solid circle hot foil plate with the leftover piece of foil and ended up with this beautiful foiled circle!


I used the Butterfly Garden set again and embossed it in gold before stenciling it and then used the coordinating die that cuts out all the pieces individually.  I used only the leaf pieces and framed them around the circle to make a wreath and then added one of the butterflies and my sentiment from the the set.  I added a few gold metallic pearls to finish of this CAS card that isn't really so CAS...but I LOVE how it turned out!!

Are you still with me??!!  You all deserve a prize for sticking with me through this long, loooooooong post, but hey, I did warn you!!  This seriously was such a fun release to play with, and once again, many, many thanks to Pinkfresh Studio for this generous gift...I know I will be playing with these stamps over and over again!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!





9 comments:

Birgit said...

Wow, Marcia! I'm in awe of each beautiful creation. I love how the foiling makes these images shimmer and your color choices are all so pretty. Beautiful texture and layering throughout. I can't even imagine the hours of fun you had using all the supplies you won. Congratulations on your big win!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, we could have played an entire week with those wonderful prizes - and it looks as if you did! Wow are these pretty!
The delicate Foliage is so pretty in the aura foil- you did get a pretty artsy look, too! [could you hear me behind you saying what the heck?]
Beautiful, handpicked flowers - love the reds and pinks!
Your pink butterflies need to come visit my orange and black ones - so pretty!
Who knew there was a solid circle foil plate? Such a pretty way to use those leftovers.
No I didn't skip one - I saved my heart for that wonderful yellow! OH my goodness this one is my favorite of all!
What a wonderful post and prize!
=]

Bonnie said...

Congratulations you lucky gal! And you have used all these toys beautifully! A wonderful inspiration! Love that aura foil and the delicate flowers of the first card. The bouquet is colored beautifully both ways. Two very different looks! The sweet butterflies are certainly enjoying their beautiful garden and all that yellow makes for an AWESOME card! I love how you used the foil plate to emboss the background that peeks through! The foiled circle is gorgeous with the greenery surrounding it! I wish I could get such smooth results using this technique! Looks like you had a fun week and I hope to see more of your play with all these goodies!

Bobby said...

Congratulations on your fabulous win, Marcia. You showed off all the products beautifully and I'm sure you had fun doing it. I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite but the last card with the reverse foiling and lovely leaf wreath encircling it really had me saying "Wow!"

Lisa Elton said...

Wowza, you lucky lady!! You sure put those products to good use, Marcia. All of your cards are amazing but it's your favorite yellow one that is my favorite too! Fabulous work, me sweet friend!

TK said...

Whoa! That's a load of gorgeous-ness for one post, Marcia. Congrats on the win and you've done well to showcase their products!

Leslie Miller said...

WowWowieWOW! Well, first of all, I love all the beautiful photos so no problem there, and I read every word. Next, I would have to say that I'm so happy for your win and you really deserve it as you're a dedicated Pinkfresh fan. You've got mad skills making this many gorgeous cards in a week. The flowers, the leaves, the foiling, each little addition to enhance your cards... amazing! Yellow is my favorite color, too but I also love how you used the red with your cover plate and then added red gems. You're making me want to go Pinkfresh shopping. I'm so behind in my NBUS and I feel like a glutton already, sigh. When I catch up a bit... Thanks for all this, Marcia. It's a totally delightful post!

Loll said...

WOW! Amazing cards ... every single one! Looks like you had a lot of fun making these cards. How wonderful that you won May's release. You have done it proud, Marcia! xx

Cat Craig said...

What a collection of gorgeous cards. So beautiful. You are a great recipient of the prize because you love the product and will use and showcase it. Fabulous win!