Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge #43

Hello friends.  Still trying to stay caught up on my Christmas cards and playing along with the gals over at the Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge.  Check out their beautiful mood board to inspire us...


Now check out my card and see if you can tell what photo inspired me...


Yep, the top right photo inspired me to get out my new (to me) die set from Spellbinders called Woodland Wreath and Feathered Friends.  I used a Night of Navy card base and then added an embossed white layer using Spellbinders Holiday Floral Swag embossing folder.  Next I die cut the wreath twice, once in Misty Moonlight cs and once in Night of Navy cs.  I added a bit of silver embossing to the edges of both die cuts and then glued the Night of Navy one down directly onto the white embossed layer, and then added very thin strips of foam tape behind the Misty Moonlight one for a bit of dimension.


I got the idea for die cutting the little bird from DSP from Darnell on a card she did I think last year, and the idea has stuck with me since!  I went through ALL my DSP that had blue in it and finally after cutting out quite a few (don't ask how many!!) found one using a piece of SU!'s Feels Like Frost that I thought matched quite well.  The JOY die cut in the center comes from PTI's Bold Borders: Flurries and remains one of my all time favorite JOY dies (I have quite a few...LOVE that word!!). I also added a bit of silver embossing to the JOY die cut too.  A few silver metallic pearls were added for berries and that finished off my card.

Lots and lots of beautiful inspiration from the DT if you need Christmas card ideas...find it all right HERE.

I am also sending this card to Darnell's NBUS Challenge since this is the first time using the Woodland Wreath and Feathered Friends die set.



Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



11 comments:

Birgit said...

What a beautiful take on the inspiration tile! I love the frosty blue tones and especially the little bird cut from design paper. The embossed background adds a nice, subtle background. Love of wonderful texture here. Beautifully done Marcia!!

I Card Everyone said...

These are blues I can wrap my heart around, Marcia! Misty Moonlight? Where have you been hiding?
Such a beautiful Christmas card with that special little touch of holiday magic - a bluebird!
Hey, why haven't we ever done a Christmas in July?
=]

Darnell said...

I love the wonderful unexpected feeling that the dark navy, silver, and white evoke, Marcia. For me it's a brilliant starry winter night with fresh fallen snow kissing the branches of the trees! And your pp bird can enjoy being camouflaged in the wreath. Thank you for CASEing me! It really got addictive cutting the birds from pp, didn't it? I ended up with dozens so I get it. I also love your Joy die (I collect them, too!) and the awesome texture from the 3D e/f. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, it's beautiful, Marcia... and it has a bird, so that seals the deal for me. I would have guessed you did a watercolor smooshy thing on the bird, but you got the perfect effect with the paper. I love using my papers. This is wonderfully frosty and moonlight-y. Love the "joy", too. It's a word I also use a lot on Christmas cards, but this one is exceptionally pretty. You're doing a good job building up your Christmas card stash!

Bobby said...

What an elegant and dramatic card, Marcia. I love the mix of blues with the silver embossing. The little bird is a great accent and the paper you found for him was perfect.

Bonnie said...

A perfect take on that blue wreath, Marcia! I love the addition of snow on the wreath and sentiment and the embossed background! Another fantastic Christmas card, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

This is ever so lovely, Marcia! You picked the perfect blues for this little masterpiece and the joy die is one of my favorite too. Can't believe I never bought one! Wonderful card!

Darlene said...

OH WOW! This is just GORGEOUS Marcia! Yep I could tell right away where you found your inspiration LOL ... what fun! Hey, don't forgot, this beauty also qualified for our challenge over on our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

Cat Craig said...

Lovely blue hues.

TK said...

Beautiful elements all put together to form a rich, beautiful card!