Sunday, July 16, 2023

Color Hues Challenge #68

Hello friends.  Can you believe it's the middle of July already?!  Hope you're all having a wonderful Summer wherever you live!  Been pretty toasty here in the midwest, but I'm NOT complaining!!  So much better than snow!  Shhhhhh...just pretend I didn't even mention that 4 letter word!!  Anyway, we're back with another Color Hues Challenge for you and sweet Nancy is our hostess this time around and would like to see BERRY & OLIVE (or hues of those colors!)


I had fun playing with some new Greetery items and came up with this...


Don't you just LOVE that Garden Tub die??!!  I cut it from Smokey Slate cs and then ink blended around the edges with a bit of Basic Gray ink. 


I cut the Garden Tub Filler Die 3 times...twice from Old Olive cs and once from Berry Burst cs (both SU!) and then did a bit of ink blending on one of the Old Olive pieces to darken it up a bit.  My background consists of a layer of Berry Burst cs on a white card base, another layer of white cs that was embossed using the Timeworn Type embossing folder (SU!) and a smaller piece of Berry Burst Country Gingham DSP (SU!).  I think this little tub filled with the leaves looks wonderful against the country charm of the gingham!


 My sentiment was stamped and die cut using The Greetery's Little Labels stamp and die set.  A few Magenta Glitter Drops (PFS) finished off my little country charmer card.

The DT and our Special GD Bonnie have outdone themselves using these 2 colors to inspire you, so check it all out right HERE, and then play along with us...we'd love to see YOU in the gallery!  This challenge is open till the 28th @ 9:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh man, I think I might need that Berry Burst paper, Marcia!! I'm working on my card now and can totally see how perfect this would be!
A gorgeous garden tub-full of delight, my friend!
=]

Nancy said...

My mom used to bathe me in a tub just like that when I was little. What a wonderful memory and card, Marcia. Love the added gingham and the embossed background too. Have a great week!

Karen said...

I love that Garden Tub and you filled it beautifully with all those die cuts! The gingham is a perfect choice for the background along with that wonderful embossing folder.

Lisa Elton said...

Wowee is this ever pretty! Your inking on the garden tub makes it look like metal and I love the berry gingham paper. Marvelous card, Marcia!

Cat Craig said...

Those SU cardstocks are perfect colors for the challenge, what a great job on the tub giving it some seasoning. Lovely card.

Birgit said...

Oooh, this garden tub is so sweet, and just perfect using these colors!! I love the bit of gingham behind the tub. So country fresh! This card is perfect!!!

Julie B said...

I wish I could have a garden tub like that in my garden, looks fab with all the colourful foliage. The gingham DP is the perfect foil for it to sit on. :)

Bobby said...

I saw someone else make a card with that garden tub and loved it, Marcia. Yours looks like galvanized metal and made a great place to put your olive and berry springs. Lovely card, my friend.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, that tub! I love it so much, and full of all the most wonderful greenery and berry-ery. Love the berry color and I always love gingham. It sings country! This is so darn pretty, Marcia!

Bonnie said...

Gingham is always a favorite of mine and is perfect with this rustic scene! Your shading on the tub brings back memories of a tub we had when I was little and it was my "swimming pool". I sure wouldn't fit now and would love to opt for these beautiful sprigs filling it!

TK said...

This card is EXTREMELY adorable! Love the tub, love the colors, love the card!

JulieP said...

I DO LOVE that garden tub!!!! Your bouquet is gorgeous but you know what drew me in first? Weird...but it was that background embossing folder. I need to go hunt that one down. LOL!!! (Are you a demonstrator?) I just love it all!

Julia Aston said...

I have these dies too( of course, we are twin crafters!!) So pretty in the colors - wonderful check on the bottom and embossed white on the top - it looks like a cement wall behind your tub!

Stef Perry said...

You had me at "garden tub" and I adore how you filled it with all those pretty die cut branches. And that background - fantastic mix with the embossing and gingham. Gorgeous card, Marcia!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Marcia! I am such a fan of gingham and your paper is the perfect backdrop for the floral-filled tub! The tub actually looks like metal. Such a beatiful card, and so creative!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wasn't this a great release, love your pot tub of flowers---beautiful! Sorry to be so late stopping in!