Friday, February 23, 2024

Altenew's February 2024 Inspiration Challenge

Hello friends.  It's been a loooooong while since I've played in Altenew's Inspiration Challenge, but the sweet Kelly Griglione is hosting this month and has a FABULOUS inspiration photo, and I just couldn't resist!


Totally makes me think Spring Kelly...THANK YOU!!  I had a birthday last week, and my sweet friend Birgit spoiled me with a bunch of new crafty gifts, including a new (to me) die set from Altenew called Craft-A-Flower: Bellflower Layering Die Set.  This challenge was the perfect way to break in this set of dies!  Take a look...


I just love how colors POP off of a black background, don't you?!!  I die cut everything from white cardstock (except the "bloom" sentiment) and then ink blended all the pieces.


I sprinkled some water onto my flowers and leaves after coloring them to add the water spots, and then when dry, also added a bit of shading with my Prismacolor pencils.  I ran my black panel through Altenew's Waffled Diamonds EF and attached to a white card base before adding my flowers and leaves.


 In this close up you can see the embossed background a bit better.  After adding my sentiment, I decided it still needed something, so I added the white splatter's and a few clear water droplet gems from Trinity Stamps.  

Kelly has some absolutely GORGEOUS cards to inspire you and there are also so many beauties already in the gallery, so check it all out right HERE, and then play along.  This challenge is open till Feb. 28th @ 11:55PM

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh my stars, this is gorgeous Marcia! These flowers truly pop against that marvelous black embossed background. The water spots and sprinkling of white add a touch of movement to this stunning card. I absolutely love it!

I Card Everyone said...

You really brought these Bellflowers to life in these gorgeous Spring-y colors, Marcia! YES to them popping off of that gorgeous black EMBOSSed panel!
SO pretty!
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous bellflowers, Marcia - just love them against the rich black background - really pops!!

Cat Craig said...

WOW, this is a gorgeous card Marcia. All the elements - embossing, coloring and diecuts - were perfect choices.

Lisa Elton said...

Oooooh, I love the drama the black embossed panel adds to those fabulous flowers! This is extra pretty, Marcia!

Kristin Sluhan said...

Holy Toledo, this is STUNNING Marcia! I love the bell flower die set, and this is absolutely one of my favorites made with it. This is a great interpretation of the photo and beautiful card all around. Hugs!!!

Bobby said...

Gorgeous card, Marcia. I like to ink white die cuts too and you picked some great colors for the bellflowers. They really pop off that wonderfully embossed background.

TK said...

Oh My, this is truly stunning, Marcia! I do love the flowers popping off the black -- it works wonders!

TK said...

Oops! And Happy Belated Birthday to YOU

Bonnie said...

What an awesome birthday gift and you've put it to good use, my friend! I LOVE the colors of the flowers and how they pop against the embossed black background! WOW!

Loll said...

WOW! Amazing first outing for your lovely birthday gift from Brigit!! Those flowers are gorgeous ... LOVE the water droplets! And they just pop off the black background. Gorgoeus card Marcia!! xx

Leslie Miller said...

Absolutely beautiful, Marcia! Birgit knows what you love and you know how to use it to perfection. Yes, they most definitely do pop against the black, and the water splats and white sprinkles add lots of interest. Also love the embossed black which I know shows up much more IRL, as well as giving yet more texture. It's a card one enjoys holding as well as beholding!

Julia Aston said...

Your watery inked papers made for beautiful blooms and stems here Marcia! they really pop off the black (must remember this!) and such texture added with the waffled diamonds EF! Love the white splatter as well! Julia xx