Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Double D Challenge - Patterned Paper

Hello friends.  The Double D Challenge has a FUN one going on right now...to use Patterned Paper (DSP) on our cards.


Now unfortunately, I don't have any DSP...Bahahahahahahahaha!!  Let's get real here...we ALL hoard it!  I know I am not alone here!!  It's so pretty and I have to have it...and then it sits there!  I have enough to last well over a 100 years, so I guess I really better get busy and use some of it!  

I'm still on a LOTV (Lily of the Valley) stamp kick, so here's another classic one that I think was probably one of the first stamp images they came out with.  It sure is still one of my favorites!


I just don't know how anyone can not fall in love with these sweet images!  And who doesn't remember picking dandelions when they get to this stage and making a wish before blowing on them and watching all the little pieces fly into the air?!  My memory may not be much these days, but I sure do remember making wishes and blowing on the dandelions!  I colored this sweet little girl up with my Copics, and although you can't see, I used quite a bit of WOS on the dandelions, the ruffled layer of her skirt and her wings.  I used Spellbinders Hemstitched Rectangle Dies to cut and frame out this image and then added a piece of DSP from LOTV called Promises (from the NitWit Collection by Mary Fran.  Copyright from 2012, so I've had this DSP for awhile!).  


 I added both panels to a top folding Pool Party (SU!) card base and then stamped my sentiment from SSS's Tiny Words.  I finished with a sheer Pool Party ribbon (SU!) and a few PFS light turquoise gems.

I actually have a twofer for you today with another LOTV image that my 9 year old granddaughter Addy colored up this past weekend.  She LOVES to play in my craft room when she comes over and has been asking for years to play with my Copic markers, and I've always told her she has to be a bit older before she can use them.  I decided to be brave and let her try them and she did awesome and was so gentle with them!  And here's the image she colored up...


  Didn't she do a great job?!  She forgot the image when she left, so I turned it into a card for her and will be putting it in the mail to surprise her with!  The orange polka dotted DSP is from PTI and the wonky stitched die is from Gina Marie Designs, and I also ran the image through with a really old cuttlebug ef with the large dots to coordinate with the DSP.  Don't ya just LOVE her orange shoes?!  :0)

Lots of inspiration using DSP from the talented DT, and you can check it all out right HERE.  This challenge is open till Sunday, March 3 @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Oooooo, how sweet! I must dig out my LOTV stamps again, Jo x

appledaylady1309@aol.com said...

Addy did a great job! She's going to love this card!

Birgit said...

What a delightful post today. Your first card is precious and delightfully colored in such soft pastels. So glad you linked up to play along with Double D's DP challenge. May I say that Addy's coloring steals the show? Her color choices are so perfectly Punky Brewster! I love that you turned it into a card to surprise her with. She'll be delighted, no doubt. She's really stepped up to the place of esteem, being able to use your Copics. Well done Addy!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two sweet images, Marcia - just love the soft colors on yours and the bold colors on Addy's! Gorgeous pp on both too! I hear you about hoarding pp & on letting kids use Copics. But like you, I was delighted how well my nieces handled them after I explained the process. Kids are so smart!!

I Card Everyone said...

Hurrrah for the hoards of patterned paper! You and Addy have both done a A++ job of coloring these little sweeties with the big feet! [I remember wondering if I'd ever 'grow into' mine!]
I have no problem imagining the WOS bedazzling, Marcia - SO darling, and the paper is beautiful!
LOve those giant polka dots - do I have that one? LOL
I hope you give Addy more chances with your Copics - I think you have a budding artist there! She certainly has no fear of color like her Auntie Michele!
=]

Bobby said...

Those images are indeed darling, Marcia, whether softly colored by you or in bright colors like the terrific job Addy did. The way you designed the cards around them is a creative use of patterned paper and dies.

Leslie Miller said...

These images never lose their appeal! They're as darling now as they ever were, and you've made them both into such cute cards! I would not have guessed the second was colored by your 9 yr old granddaughter. She did an amazing job. A lot of grown ups couldn't do that well. Love her color choices. Back to the first card... the paper is so pretty, looks great with the Pool Party, and you even had just the right ribbon to match her little fairy tutu. I love it! I always love to see your cards in our DD gallery, Marcia, and I'm sure glad you played along with this one. Lets USE that DSP!

Lisa Elton said...

These are just the cutest! Love the pretty paper you added to your little darling and my goodness did Addy do a great job with her coloring! She's going to be tickled pink to get this card in the mail!

TK said...

Too cute for words, Marcia! LOVE that first image, and yes, I too blew on dandelions and still remember... Your granddaughter did an amazing job coloring the second image, and it's so sweet for you to make it into a card and pop it in the mail -- she'll be tickled pink!

Cat Craig said...

Great choices Marcia, love both cards.

Loll said...

Both cards have the sweestest images that go perfectly with the patterened paper you've used. Great work Marcia! xx