Sunday, February 4, 2024

The Flower Challenge #88 - Add A Heart

Hello friends.  Welcome back to The Flower Challenge, where this month it's all about HEARTS!  And FLOWERS too of course!!

 I used PFS's Delicate Rosebuds stamp and stencil set to come up with this card...

I started by hot foiling my background using PFS's Heart Grid Foiling Plate with Silver Prism Foil.  I heat embossed the Delicate Rosebuds image in silver, and then stenciled with greens and pinks before cutting out with the coordinating die.  I layered the image over a pink and white die cut hearts from PTI's Love To Layer: Hearts and recessed the smaller pink heart by adding foam tape behind the larger white heart.  

My sentiment is from the Gina K Love You Trio die set and I used black and silver glitter cardstock to make them stand out from the rest of the card.  I finished with a few silver pearls from Gina K.  Such a feminine card...I think it will go to my mom for Valentine's Day!

We sure hope you'll play along with us this month...just remember to add a heart somewhere on your card and of course FLOWERS!  You can find lots of wonderful inspiration from my talented teammates right HERE.  This challenge is open till Sunday, Feb. 25th @ 5:00PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

So pretty, Marcia! Your mom is going to love everything about it - but especially since YOU made it!
What a beautiful big heart you have, my friend!
=]

TK said...

Wow! Stunning, Marcia! So delicate and beautiful, gorgeous layers

Cat Craig said...

Stunning!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love that you went all out on the heart theme Marcia! The silver foiling and other silver touches are a lovely addition to your gorgeous pink central heart and rosebuds. Vicky x

PS thank you for the warm welcome to the team :)

Lisa Elton said...

Yes, my first thought was this is so pretty and feminine! Wonderful layers too. Your mom is going to treasure it, Marcia!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, this is soooo beautiful! The silver embossing -- wow! Every part of your layering is just so lovely in true Valentine style. That is a very delicate love sentiment die. This stamp is really a beauty. I had it out looking at it earlier this week, but I'm going to use some new Pinkfresh first. Your Mom will delight in this gorgeous creation straight from your loving heart!

Bonnie said...

This is so elegant, Marcia! A special card for your Mom! Love these rosebuds and the glimmer hearts in the background! Then that die cut heart with the recessed heart in the middle is breathtaking!

Birgit said...

This is so sweet Marcia! You do such a great job foiling. The heart background plays nicely with the heart doily and your delicate roses. A real stunner!!

Loll said...

Beautiful Valentine's Day card for your mom, Marcia. LOVE those pretty shiny hearts in silver and then the gorgeous pink rose with heart. Lovely! xx

Nancy said...

I totally had to come by for a good look at this card. So, so pretty, Marcia!

Stef Perry said...

Absolutely stunning, my friend! When I saw your card, I was in awe of that magnificent heart upon which you layered the lovely, delicate embossed rose buds, plus I love the foiled hearts in the background. So gorgeous, Marcia!

Bobby said...

This is gorgeous, Marcia. All that silver foiling and the soft stenciling not to mention that wonderful lacy heart. They all went together beautifully.