Thursday, February 15, 2024

The Flower Challenge #88 - Reminder

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still time to play along with us at The Flower Challenge where we're looking for HEARTS along with FLOWERS of course!


Since Valentine's Day has passed, I decided to add a Heart to a birthday card using The Greetery's Sketchbook Roses stamp set.  Here's what I came up with...


I started this card with an embossed background using SSS's Vine Canopy embossed folder.  I added a couple hearts from PTI's Love To Layer: Hearts die set in Real Red and white cardstock and then added the stamped and die cut roses from The Greetery's Sketchbook Roses set.


Can you see the little X's and O's around the border of the red heart?  I love this little set of 3 dies from PTI!!  My sentiment was embossed in gold on a strip of vellum using an older PTI set called Think Big Favorites: #24, and I also added a few gold pearls (Gina K) and a tiny gold bow in the upper left corner to finish this card.

Lots of AWESOME inspiration from the DT to get you inspired to play along, so check it all out right HERE...we would LOVE to see YOU in the gallery!  This challenge is open till Sunday, Feb. 25th @ 5:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love the details on these hearts, Marcia! So pretty with the red roses and vellum and gold sentiment!

Cat Craig said...

wow what fab details in the stitching.

Leslie Miller said...

Anytime is a good time for hearts! These are especially pretty with the stitching and the xoxo border. Very special! And those sketchy roses are gorgeous! All layered up on the Vine Canopy embossing -- perfect! I hope you had a happy heart day!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Marcia, I'd love to get inky with these gorgeous roses again one day!! SO beautiful in these shades of red upon your darling kisses & hugs heart!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I love the XOXO detail around the heart! That's so sweet and I don't think I've ever seen that die used! Pretty layers and a pretty vellum overlay. Wonderful card, Marcia!

TK said...

I spy those little details around your heart! Between your hearts and your gorgeous roses, I could peruse this card for hours -- very pretty

Birgit said...

This is so pretty Marcia! Very dramatic and bold with the deep colors you've used. The vellum overlay is the perfect way to add the sentiment and I love the detail on the layered hearts. Beautiful!

Stef Perry said...

What a fabulous card, Marcia, from the background texture, to the xoxo on the heart, those lovely flowers and that gorgeous sentiment on vellum. Love this so much!

Bobby said...

I love how your lovely roses trail down from those wonderful detailed hearts, Marcia. What a beautiful birthday card!