Monday, February 26, 2024

Peace On Earth #58 Challenge

Hello friends.  Figured it was high time I get back into making some Christmas cards and the Peace On Earth Challenge has the most awesome mood board with all kinds of PLAIDS!


How do you say no to a mood board like that?!  I certainly couldn't!!  One of my DT mates used a LOTV stamp (Lily of the Valley) and reminded me that I have quite a collection of them and haven't used a single one in probably 2 years!  Finally found them and picked out a couple to ink up for different challenges, and here's what I came up with for a Christmas card...


Isn't she a cutie?!  I colored her up with my Copics and then fussy cut her out.  I used some nesting oval dies to cut out the center of this snowflake and plaid dsp from SU! and a piece of plain black cs and mounted both layers onto a white card base that I had used SU!'s Winter Snow ef on. 


You can see the embossed background a bit better in this close up.  I added a bit of glitter to the snow that this little gal is walking on and used a pre-printed sentiment strip from SSS with a silver metallic pearl to finish off this sweet card.

You can check out this challenge HERE and play along till Thursday, Feb. 29th @ 8:00PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, I haven't heard of this company until now - you'll have to show that collection one day.
LOve the plaid, that darling red coat, and her sweet stripe-y mittens and spats! A real cutie, indeed! [wouldn't it be a treat to light up her lantern?]
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous plaid with the snowflakes, Marcia, and I love the little girl w/lantern image - great coloring!!

Bonnie said...

Ooh, she is adorable, Marcia, and looks lovely on the layered oval and the perfect background paper! Great coloring and awesome fussy cutting, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

You need to bring this little lady out more often, Marcia, she's a cutie! I like her surrounded in plaid and snowflakes too. Darling card my friend!

TK said...

She's darling! I love the plaid and her little lantern lights the path. I think I actually have one or two LOTV stamps

Lia said...

The image is so cute and you coloured it so well. Gorgeous card!
Lia DT POE

Birgit said...

This is adorable Marcia! I've never heard of that company before. What a darling card!!

Bobby said...

You really brought that little girl to life with your wonderful coloring, Marcia, not to mention the perfect fussy cutting. I love that plaid paper with the snowflakes on it and how you framed her out inside it.

Leslie Miller said...

I always thought LOV had the sweetest stamps. I borrowed some once, but never had any of my own. Then they went digital and I don't know if they even do that anymore. I'm so glad you brought this little girl out to play. She really is beautiful and sweet. The illustration is darling and your coloring and card design bring wonderful new life to her. This simply makes me happy, Marcia!

Cat Craig said...

What a great way to use the plaid and that sweet lil gal. Fabulous card.

Loll said...

Adorable little girl and a fabulous cards using your patterned paper, Marcia! xx

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.