Friday, February 16, 2024

Color Hues #81 - LILAC & MINT

Hello friends.  It's time for a new challenge at Color Hues and our sweet hostess Stef would like to see us using Lilac & Mint.

My flower loving heart wouldn't let me go in any other direction other than floral with these two colors, and I had just happened to have a new stencil set from Altenew called Stencil Art: Playful Watercolor Flowers that fit the bill perfectly!  Take a look...


I started by stenciling with SU!'s Mint Macaron and Gina K's light, medium & dark Lilac inks and then used Memory Box's Pinpoint Leaf Plate over the top of the stenciled design.


I mounted my stenciled layer to a piece of Mint Macaron cs and then a top folding white card base, and then finished with a sentiment strip that I hot foiled with silver using Spellbinder's Everyday Sentiments II plates and a few PFS gems.  These colors are definitely making me wish Spring would hurry up and get here!!

The DT and our Special GD Bonnie have outdone themselves with inspiration for you, so check it all out right HERE and then play along with us.  You know we'd love to see YOU in our gallery!  This challenge is open till Wednesday, Feb. 28th @ 9:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



18 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia what an absolutely gorgeous card. That pinpoint background is perfect for those soft stenciled flowers! Your cards are always so well put together. Happy weekend my friend!

Karen said...

I just love the soft hues you chose for this gorgeous stencil, Marcia! The textured background adds a whole new dimension to this beautiful card!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, I know firsthand how beautiful this one is in real life! I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to use that stencil and your beautiful inks!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautiful and has me longing for spring, Marcia! Using the pinpoint background with it adds so much interest and movement. Fabulous card! Hope you're staying warm!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Marcia. What a wonderful stencil and just perfect for the challenge colours! xx

Birgit said...

You picked the perfect products for this color challenge. What a stunning card! I love the punched background and stencils you used. It makes me think of a floral quilt. Beautifully done my friend!

cm said...

Perfect flowers; perfect inks; perfect cover plate. Add that up, and you have a perfectly gorgeous card! WOW! Love this!
hugs~carol

Nancy said...

This is just fabulous, Marcia! That background was such a fabulous idea! I am off to have a look at those stencils. Wonderful job with the colors! Have a great weekend!

TK said...

Beautiful! I never would've thought to use a coverplate die over your pretty flowers, but it is truly amazing, Marcia

Leslie Miller said...

Marcia, your flowers are so pretty in these soft colors! It's a gorgeous stenciled creation, shaded to perfection and I love it topped off with the stitched cover plate!

Julie B said...

The texture plate really makes the stencilled flowers the center of attention Marcia. Hopefully spring is on the way! :)

Bonnie said...

Such beautiful stenciled flowers, Marcia! I love that pin point texture over the whole thing! Gorgeous, my friend and thank you for the warm welcome!

Bobby said...

That stencil was meant for those colors, Marcia. I would have been afraid to add the coverplate but it worked out beautifully on your card.

Helen F. said...

BEAUTIFUL color combo for this gorgeous card, Marcia! Love this Flower stencil and that cover-plate is perfect too!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful, its amazing how just a sliver of colored cardstock adds a nice touch.

Stef Perry said...

Marcia, I love the wispy nature of the stenciled florals and the ink colors were so perfect for this challenge! What a great idea to use that cover die, it adds so much texture and interest to the card! Gorgeous card, my friend!

Cindy Beach said...

Another beauty, Marcia! Your technique of using the cover die over the floral panel is brilliant! I especially love the inks you chose for the colors. I love your design artistry!

JulieP said...

This is stunning!!!! Now I want to stencil and emboss something. LOL! This combo really gives such a beautiful artsy look.