Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Word Power Challenge #2

Hello friends.  Playing along again with Diane & Darlene's newest challenge Word Power...I love cards that focus on the words/sentiment!


 The Word Power Challenge gives me a great reason to use my collection of verses that PTI has put out for many, many years now, including this one from March of 2017 called Year of Psalms: March and is from Psalms 91:4. 


Can you tell I was trying to channel my inner Melissa Phillips with this card of many, many layers?!!  I have loved her style since she very first started with Papertrey Ink and still love it, even though most of my cards these days are of the CAS style.  Sometimes it just feels good to add on all the layers, and this one certainly has a few!  I started by stamping my verse and then heat embossing it in clear before using a SB Notched Corner Frame Die to cut it out.  I sponged the edges with a bit of Harvest Gold ink (PTI) and then went to work on the 2nd layer that I stenciled with WF's Rose Background Stencil using the same Harvest Gold ink for the flowers and a couple shades of green for the leaves.  This layer was also die cut with the SB Notched Corner Frame Dies.


I added both my stamped and stenciled layers to a piece of PTI's Bitty Big DSP in Harvest Gold and used the Crimped Rectangle Die from The Greetery to add the decorative edge to this layer.  All were then added to a card base of Harvest Gold cs.


Of course I needed to add a little birdie to go along with my verse, and one of my all time favorite bird stamps (I have many!!) is PTI's Brushed Birds.  After stamping and die cutting him out, I added him to a Crimped Circle Frame Die cut (also The Greetery), along with a bit of sponging and some greenery (Poppystamps - Leafy Sprig Die).  My card was finished with a bit of glitter to the birdie and the greenery, and then a few yellow gems from PFS.  Definitely a few more layers and work than I usually put into a card these days, but I love the way it turned out and will definitely work for when I need to send out encouragement to someone in need!

Make sure you check out this new challenge if you haven't already and then play along...you can find all the details right HERE.  This challenge is open till Thursday, Feb. 29th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Every layer of your design is well thought out and just wonderful, Marcia! Topping it off with this sweet little bird [you know i love him so] was the cherry on top!
I love it - and also love that you WON the first of this challenge - congratulations!
=]

Bonnie said...

Ooh, this looks like spring with all the gorgeous yellow layers, Marcia! And that bird is so sweet! A perfect place to put this uplifting scripture message!

Cat Craig said...

Ohhh I love the layers and you perfectly brought your verse to the forefront. Love.

Lisa Elton said...

Melissa and her layers was the PTI designer that prompted me to start my blog and begin entering their blog hops! You've channeled her well here, Marcia! Love the lemony yellow, the sweet bird, beautiful sentiment and of course... the polka dots! Fabulous card XO

TK said...

Oh this is gorgeous! You mastered those layers, pretty papers, nifty cuts and sweet bird!

Diane said...

Beautiful layering on your card, fabulous sentiment and love the cute chick, I too am a fan of Melissa Phillips!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Word Power!
Diane WP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Word Power}

Bobby said...

I too am a big fan of Melissa's cards but I haven't tried to follow her style. You did a wonderful job with your multi layered card, Marcia. All the elements go together beautifully and that darling little bird is the cherry on top.

Loll said...

Gorgeous layering Marcia. This is a STUNNING card, my friend. LOVE the colours you've used. Spring will be arriving soon here, but it has already arrived on your blog! Gorgeous stenciling with that lovely shape that's mimic'd with the sentiment. And the bird in the circle is so adorable, especially with the touches of glitter. Amazing work!! xx

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, this beautiful card is a perfect example of how the sentiment can be the focal point, yet you can still have fun with the rest of the card, too! You had me at the yellow, but then there's the gorgeous stenciled roses, the sweet little bird, and all those stylish layers. I love how you gave the bird its own crimped circle and leaf sprig. Of course, a lovely verse as well. You always have me looking forward to more!

Birgit said...

This is wonderful Marcia, and so embraces Melissa's sweet style. That verse is one that I've clung to many times in the past. It's beautifully represented with that sweet bird. I also love the glittery touch you've added. This is pure delight!