Friday, February 9, 2024

Postage Collage Mini Slimline

Hello friends.  No Valentine cards here today, but a couple birthday mini slimline cards using the new (to me) Waffle Flower Postage Collage Mini Slimline Die and the Delicate Rosebuds Stencils from PFS and also one from WF's Rose Background Stencil


 
I'm not much of a fan of regular sized slimline cards (they're too BIG and sooo hard to photograph!), but I love the mini size (3 1/2 x 6) and I love working with the collage dies that Waffle Flower has come out with recently including this mini slimline sized one!


For this first card I did my die cutting of the Postage Collage Mini Slimline Die first, and then stamped the rose outline from the Delicate Rosebuds set and then proceeded to use the coordinating stencils to blend in the color of the buds and leaves.  I know you can't see it in the photo, but I used WOS on the buds and leaves, so in real life this card really shimmers!  I also used the coordinating stencil to color in the blocked backgrounds with a very light turquoise ink.  The sentiment is from a Penny Black set and the postage amounts are from WF's Postage Collage Stamp Set.  The little pink glitter heart at the bottom is a leftover from a Greetery die cut.

  

My 2nd card was done the same way as the first one, except I stenciled in the roses using WF's Rose Background Stencil in different colors.  The sentiment is also from a Penny Black set and the postage amounts and circle cancellation stamp are all from the Postage Collage Stamp Set.  

I'm sending both of these cards over to the Stencil Fun Challenge (did you see the optional HEARTS on both cards??), and also Darnell's NBUS Challenge #59 since the die had never been used or the Rose Background Stencil.




  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

TWO very cute minis, Marcia! You've answered my question about that rose stencil in a most beautiful way - and yes, I did spot those sweet little hearts!
Tis the season for roses!
=]

Bonnie said...

You are wowing me with your stenciled stamps, Marcia! Two pretty slimline cards (I prefer the mini too)! I did spot both of your sweet hearts that are great additions to February birthday cards.

Leslie Miller said...

I love this size, too, and use it often. It's fabulous what you did with it! The postage dies are perfect and it's brilliant that you stamped right across the whole thing with your PF roses. Gives it a whole other look and shows more versatility. The stenciled roses are so cute in all different colors, peeking in from different angles. I see your little hearts, too. How wonderful both your cards are!

Darnell said...

These are both beautifully color-blended postage collage designs, Marcia! There is so much for the eyes to linger on and enjoy with these stencils! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Bobby said...

I prefer the mini slimline too, Marcia, and your two cards are so pretty with the roses.

Lisa Elton said...

I love the minis the best too, Marcia and yours are fabulous! I might be forced to buy the Delicate Rosebud stencil. I always love what you make with it! Lots of pretty here today!!

Loll said...

Two amazing cards using the postage stamp collage. I've been thinking I need to buy some of there postage sets ... and you are making it harder for me to resist! :) xx

TK said...

Two beautiful cards, and I love the way you used a full-sized image across all the "stamps". Both are great cards, and those mini slimlines are the bomb, if anyone is asking my humble opinion!

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia, these are both just beautiful! Well done!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Cat Craig said...

I am a fan of mini slimlines too, the big ones are just too big and don't photograph easily.

These are gorgeous, and now I get to blame you for adding to my wish list...I blamed the regular postage collage on Michele. I had been wondering about the mini, but hadn't seen any friends us it.

These are both gorgeous cards, I particularly love the first with the image overlapping the individual "stamps".

Beautifully done.

Birgit said...

These are both gorgeous and I love the mini style too! I'm feeling the urge to add the mini collection to my cart, but trying to refrain. I did a bit of spending while in Florida. Need to give the old CC time to cool off. ;o) I'll just embrace your creations, my friend.