Monday, March 28, 2022

Double D Challenge - Something With A HANDLE

Hello friends.  The Double D Challenge has a fun one going on right now...Something With A HANDLE!


My HANDLES come from a sweet little basket die from The Greetery (Market Baskets Die) that I filled up with some Spring flowers.  Take a look:


I started by lightly blending a bit of soft blue ink on a white panel, and then die cut the panel with the Nordic Frame Dies (The Greetery) before attaching to my kraft card base.  Next I die cut the basket from some silver matte cardstock (Gina K), and backed it with a piece of kraft Patterned Paper DSP (PTI).  


I used 1/8" score tape on the back sides and bottom of the basket to adhere it down to the background and then started filling the basket with BotaniCut: Crocus and BotaniCut: Pussy Willow die cuts that I inked up with DOX inks.


I'm in love with these new BotaniCut Dies from The Greetery, and how you can make them so 3D looking on your cards.  To finish off my card I added some Distress Glitter to the green leaves from the Crocuses, and also a few Disco Ball sequins from Gina K.  There are all kinds of tiny sentiments you can choose from to stamp on the label of the basket, and I chose the "Happy Birthday" one to make this a perfect card for a Spring birthday, of which we have sooo many in my family!!  

There is so much BEAUTIFUL inspiration to inspire you for this challenge from the talented DT, so check it all out right HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open til April 3rd.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Birgit said...

The crocuses fit wonderfully in that basket. This is gorgeous Marcia! Your coloring on the flowers is so realistic. Well done! Perfect for the Double D Challenge too. So glad you linked up! Best of luck to you~

I Card Everyone said...

I can't HANDLE how cute these crocuses are in your wire basket, Marcia! Bonus: purples are my favorite!! and the pussy willow was the most perfect 'filler.'
Beautiful card, my friend!
=]

Loll said...

WOW! This is amazing, Marcia! I LOVE that basket. I have never seen matte silver card stock, but it is just perfect for the wire basket. It looks like real wire. And then those beautiful crocuses. Gorgeous flowers that are blended to look like they are fresh picked from the garden. Love the bits of green glitter to add some sparkle. Great work! xx

Bobby said...

Stunning card, Marcia. That basket is fabulous and the crocuses are lifelike. You really have a way with those BotaniCuts.

Susan said...

We both just posted cards for the Double D handles challenge! Yours is fabulous! I love the way you did the basket with the matte silver cs - perfect for the challenge. But even more than the basket, I love those crocuses - so beautifully coloured and arranged with the pussy willow branches!

Darlene said...

FANTASTIC Marcia! Love your wire basket filled with crocus & pussy willow! Absolutely beautiful creation!!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Something with a Handle’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there!

Bonnie said...

You are really tempting me with your beautiful crocus, Marcia! Another awesome card using these dies and your coloring!

Lisa Elton said...

The polka dot liner, those fabulous crocus blooms, the pussy willows... they all add up to DELIGHTFUL!!

TK said...

GORGEOUS! Oh my goodness, these are the most beautiful crocuses that I've ever seen! Ok, now I have to go shopping.... now only if I can color as spectacularly as you!

Mac Mable said...

I love this Marcia. Your Spring flowers are beautiful and what a wonderful basket to pop them into. The metal handles and frame look so real and your card is so creative and absolutely beautiful x.

Cindy H. said...

Wow, Marcia, what a gorgeous card! Love the arrangement of flowers and Pussy Willows in that wonderful basket (which I now need!). Your coloring is superb!

Cat Craig said...

Simply stunning Marcia. Love the spring basked filled with crocus' and pussy willows.

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Wonderful design. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Marcia. This is absolutely GORGEOUS. What a well deserved win! The crocus and pussy willows look so real. I also LOVE the sparkle on the leaves. Just a fabulous make!