Tuesday, March 8, 2022

The Great Cover-Up (March 2)

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with Papertrey Ink's The Great Cover-Up where they are looking for birthday cards that use lots of layers!


I used a combination of NEW and OLD to create my card and came up with this:


Can you spot the OLD and NEW??  The NEW is the large Picket Fence Die and the OLD is all the rest of my card elements.  I started with a piece of Aqua Mist Bitty Big DSP for my background, and then used foam tape on the back of my kraft die cut Picket Fence piece for added dimension. (I also added a bit of Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink on the edges of the fence)


Next I worked on my flowers (Prominent Petals) and the sweet little birdies from Joyous Holiday.  I used Harvest Gold, Aqua Mist, & Kraft Bitty Big DSP for both the flowers and the birds, and even paper pieced the birdies.  (Pulling out my inner Melissa Phillips here!!)


I die cut my leaves from plain Aqua Mist cardstock and then glittered them up with Distress Glitter (Tim Holtz).  Once the flowers, birds, & leaves were arranged over the picket fence, I added my birthday greeting from the Penned Elegance II stamp and die set, and then finished with a few of my precious and hoarded Rainstones!  My style has evolved over the years into a more CAS style, but I have to admit that I totally enjoyed adding all these layers and using some of my Bitty Big DSP and older stamp sets!

Only one more day to play along with this challenge, but if you love layers, give it a go and you might win a $25 gift card...I did a few weeks ago and it paid for my new fence die and a few other goodies!  You can check it all out right HERE. 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Birgit said...

This is adorable, Marcia! I'm loving all the layers and the paper pieced birds. Delightfully whimsical and a great color scheme. Goodness, this is such a cheerful card!!

Cat Craig said...

So many fun layers, love the stamped on patterned paper blooms, and that fence is awesome.

Lisa Elton said...

You've done Melissa proud, Marcia! There's a whole lot of sweet layered up here. Love that you used patterned paper for the birds and blooms!

Christine Alexander said...

sweet card and love that colour combo ♥

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous layering, great colours and papers and the most adorable little scene Marcia x.

JoAnn said...

Adorable card. Love all the layers and those sweet paper-pieced birds. Great scene you created Marcia. TFS

Kara Lynne said...

Those little paper pieced birds just have my heart!! Everything is layered beautifully and the colors are gorgeous!

I Card Everyone said...

Hey! Where was this sweetie hiding?? I LOved the baskets you made from that darling picket fence, but this cutie got away from me!
A most adorable way to cover-up a card, Marcia! I spy a winner!
=]

Bonnie said...

Lots of layers but still not overdone, Marcia! I'm lovin' all that paper piecing and these sweet little birds!

Bobby said...

The picket fence makes a great backdrop for your polka dotted birds and flowers, Marcia. What a great card!

TK said...

Sweet! Lovely papers, cute as a bug bird, and so many sweet things to look at. This card is a delight!

Loll said...

LOVE the adorable scene you've created. Great mix of colours and patterns from the DSP. Those glittered leaves really sparkle. And the birds are so adorable, especially paper pieced with adorable papers. Great work Marcia! xx