Monday, March 7, 2022

Color Hues #36 - GREEN & GOLD

Hello friends.  Playing along with the other part of the challenge over at Color Hues, where they are looking for a wee bit o the GREEN & GOLD on our cards.


Since our youngest daughter's birthday is just a few days past St. Patrick's Day and she loves the color GREEN, I thought this challenge would be the perfect time to break out my CCC's 4 Leaf Clover stamp set and make a birthday card for her.  (Can't believe I actually have a card made ahead of time instead of the last minute!!)  Take a look:


 I made a mini slimline using Gina K's Master Layouts 9 for my green & white layers, and then added a gold scalloped die cut frame from PFS that was layered 3 times for a bit o dimension.  My sweet little image from Anita Jeram (CCC's 4 Leaf Clover) was colored with my Copics and then die cut and inlaid under the scalloped frame.


My "birthday" die cut comes from Gina K's Lace Flowers kit and I used the same gold mirror cardstock as the scalloped frame.  I finished with a few PFS green gems to add a wee bit o bling, 'cause all girls like a little bling on their birthdays, right??!!

This double challenge is open till the 14th, so check out all the FABULOUS YELLOW & BLUE cards and all the GREEN & GOLD cards from the DT, and then play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


8 comments:

Mac Mable said...

The gold mirror card stock looks fabulous and the frame is so pretty. Adorable little mouse with the lucky four leaf clovers and yes all girls love a little bling and such a cute birthday card for your daughter Marcia x.

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is darling. I had that stamp but ended up giving it away, and now every time I see it I think its just darling.

Nancy said...

Marcia, What a wonderful slimline card you have for us today! The little mouse looks as happy as can be for finding a 4 leaf clover. I also like the way the frame matches the greeting. I was thrilled to see you came back to give our other color combo a try! Thanks for your support at Color Hues! Take care!

Lisa Elton said...

I just love this little fella and I think your daughter will too! The font on the birthday die cut is fabulous and the shimmery gold makes it all the more special for your girl!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia what a sweet slimline card you created. I love the gold and of course anything Anita Jeram! Thank you once again for joining us at the Color Hue!

Julie B said...

Love the cute mouse in the middle of all the clover, such a joyful card.
Thanks for sharing at Color Hues. :)

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty with all that gold and green, Marcia! What fun that this guy found a four leaf clover among the shamrocks! It looks like a perfect birthday card for your daughter!

Loll said...

LOVE the shiny gold metallic with the green 4-leaf clovers, Maria. What an adorable image! Your daughter is going to love this card! xx