Wednesday, March 23, 2022

The Flower Challenge #66 - Take 2

Hello friends.  I'm playing with The Flower Challenge AGAIN, because remember that pile of white SCRAPS that I told you I had a LOT of??  Well I got a new die set that fit some of those scraps just perfectly, so I decided to play again!


I just received the new BotaniCuts: Crocus dies from The Greetery this week, and had to have a play with them.  And as I mentioned above, I had a LOT of pieces of white scrap cardstock that would work perfectly with these new dies, so this current challenge is working out perfectly for me to use up some of these scraps!!  My design comes from Angelica Conrad who made the most beautiful card using these dies HERE.  I changed up the color of my Crocus's, my sentiment, and frame, but the actual design is the same as Angelica's...it was just too pretty not to CASE!!  Take a look:


I die cut all my pieces, and then ink blended them with several shades of yellow and green inks (PFS) before gluing them all together.  Next I lightly blended some blue ink onto the front of my card base, and then began gluing down all the flowers and some extra leaf blades.  Once I had them all in place, I die cut a Nordic Frame Die (The Greetery) and added foam tape to the back so it would add dimension over the die cut flowers.


I used some matte gold cardstock (Gina K - also a scrap) to die cut my "Spring" sentiment and attached it to the frame with liquid glue, and then also added a white (scrap) sentiment strip with the word "Happy" stamped on it.  The flowers were a little time consuming, but I was definitely in my happy place making them, and I just love how the card came out!  (If you're reading this Angelica, thank you, thank you for the BEAUTIFUL inspiration!!)

Make sure you check out what the talented DT came up with using their SCRAPS and then maybe use up some of your own!  Be quick though...this challenge ends on the 25th at 5:00PM.  You can check it all out right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is oozing with spring prettiness, Marcia! Love your happy little crocuses (croci...?)!

Loll said...

LOVE those bright and cheerful yellow crocuses, Marcia! xx

Birgit said...

Spring at its best, right here! Love those cheerful yellow crocuses. What a great way to use up your white scraps too.

Bonnie said...

I believe you have a winner here, Marcia! These crocuses are gorgeous! Their blended colors and dimension are just right!

I Card Everyone said...

I SEE your crocuses and may just have a few new tulips to raise the reason we should plan our next gathering!
What a gorgeous way to save the planet, Marcia, and give someone a beautiful card to cherish forever! Thanks for planting your beautiful scraps at The Flower Challenge!
=]

Bobby said...

Crocuses are definitely a sign of Spring and yours are lovely in yellow, Marcia. We have some white ones in the front yard and they look just like these. So glad you could use up some of those scraps (the inking is wonderful) and join us at The Flower Challenge.

Cindy H. said...

Love your yellow crocuses! Our crocuses in the front yard are in bloom right now and I just got my crocus dies - so timely! I'm really eager to ink them up, too. I may have to CASE yours and Angelica's! Thank you for the inspiration.

Stef Perry said...

Gorgeous crocuses Marcia, the perfect harbinger of spring! I miss the oodles of them in my garden back in Oregon, so I love seeing beautiful springtime cards like yours. So glad you were able to share card #2 with us and use up some more of those scraps!

Viv said...

Fabulous spring card Marcia. Wish we had The Greetery here 'cos I'd be buying this gorgeous crocus die and probably the frame as well!

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous ink blending on those wonderfully delicate crocuses, Marcia! I love the dimension that you gave them with the frame too!

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous. I just got my Greetery order, and this was one fabulous release. I love that you made yellow blooms so pretty.

TK said...

Beautiful card, the delicate crocus' are wonderful!

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty card with the prettiest of crocuses Marcia x.

Aileen said...

Marcia this is just so pretty, live the colours and these wonderful flowers, beautiful. Thank you for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen