Monday, March 14, 2022

The Great Cover-Up March 9

Hello friends.  I'm still having fun pulling out some older PTI sets and playing along with their The Great Cover-Up Challenge.  This week Kelly made a couple of ADORABLE baby cards using different DSP's, so the challenge is to use MULTIPLE PRINTS on your card.


I'm still pretty hooked on these new Spring Carrots dies, so that was my starting point for my card...


I pulled out the Garden Variety stamp and die set to make a seed packet for my carrots...had forgotten how much I love this set and it worked perfectly to showcase the medium and smallest Spring Carrots dies.  I used PTI's Rustic Cream cardstock for both the seed packet and the carrots and then added color with my inks.


My background was done with different prints from the Kraft and Simply Chartreuse Pattern Packs DSP.  The Simply Chartreuse DSP was die cut with the two leaf dies from the Into The Blooms: Dahlia die set.  I used a piece of seam binding ribbon to cover where the two Kraft DSP's meet, and then stamped my sentiment (from Just Sentiments: Spring Blessings) below the ribbon.  The seed packet was added with foam tape for dimension, and I added a few sequins and some WOS to the top carrot for a little bit of shimmer and shine.  

This challenge is open till Wednesday the 16th, and you can check it all out right HERE...it's a great way to use of some of that DSP that we all hoard!!  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

OH! Now I want to play again! I'm so sorry that I didn't cut a few of those carrots - love them sponged with color, Marcia! Your seed packet is such a perfect place to plant them! A DORE ABLE!
=]

Cat Craig said...

How fun, Marcia. Those carrots look fabulous and I agree with Michele, you did find a perfect landing spot.

Bonnie said...

What wonderful carrots, Marcia! They are perfect on the seed pack! Wonderful mix of papers too!

Lisa Elton said...

Polka dots and cute little carrots! This is such a lovely card, Marcia!

Susan said...

Love those carrot dies and the old-fashioned seed package - makes me want to get out there planting my vegetables but it's still much too early.

TK said...

Adorable! I love the seed packets, but your cute carrots take this right over the top, Marcia!

Birgit said...

Sweet, sweet card, Marcia! I've always liked that seed packet stamp too, and now I must pull it out. The carrot dies are delightful, and are the perfect addition to the seed packet background.

Mac Mable said...

The seed packet was a great start to this fabulous card. Love those adorable carrots...can carrots be adorable?...Yours can! x.

Bobby said...

Stunning card, Marcia. I love the mix of prints and those carrots are perfectly colored and placed on the seed packet. You are really rocking your PTI stash, my friend.

Helen F. said...

Great mix of PP, Marcia! And, those carrots are on the Seed Packet are so pretty.