Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Color Hues #37 - YELLOW & PALE TEAL

Hello friends.  Playing with the current Color Hues Challenge where they are looking for YELLOW and PALE TEAL.


I have to be honest and tell you that I struggled with this color combo.  They are both beautiful colors and make me think Spring and Easter, but I kept wanting to add a 3rd or 4th color to balance everything out!  The 1st card I made didn't thrill me at all, and while it's not terrible, it just didn't make me happy.  I know, I know, we're all our own worst critics!!  I'll show it to you at the end, but decided to try again for a 2nd card, and came up with this one:


I stenciled my plaid background using PFS's Diamond Plaid Stencil, and then adhered it to a die cut Postal Frame Die from The Greetery.  (My background is actually quite a bit lighter than what the photograph is showing!!)  Next I stamped and die cut PFS's Modern Layered Florals using stamped off Tropical Teal (PTI) and Buttercup (C&9) inks, and then added foam tape to the back before adhering to my background.


My little bunnies were Copic colored with C01 and W1 using CCC's Snuggle Bunny stamp set and then fussy cut and added to the stem area of the flowers.  I finished with a gold embossed "Hello" from PFS's Perfect Sentiments and a few PFS gems for some bling.  This still isn't what I would consider one of my better cards, but I definitely like it better than I did my first try!  Here's the first try:


Again, it's not terrible, but it just plain doesn't thrill me!  I donate a good many of my cards to bringsmilestoseniors.com and I'm sure the happy yellow color will brighten someone's day, so don't worry...it won't be wasted!

The DT had NO problems coming up with beautiful cards using this color combo, so check it all out right HERE and play along.  This challenge is open till the 28th



Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Birgit said...

They're both beautiful and springy! The one with the sweet bunnies is my favorite, though. They'll both brighten someone's day!!

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous job with the colour combination Marcia and a super cute first card x.....And yes the second one sure will brighten up anyone's day....it did mine x.

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, what a lovely card your second go round is. Those colors look beautiful together. I truly like your first attempt at the color combo as well. Hard not to love a card with yellow in it.

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, you are being too hard on yourself - honestly? I LOVE the first the most, but love the second, too!! All this gorgeous yellow and teal is making me very happy no matter how it's stamped!
Gorgeous cards, my friend!
=]

Bobby said...

Both cards look like lovely breaths of Spring, Marcia.

Loll said...

Both cards show off the pretty colour combination. It doesn't look as though you struggled at all Marcia. But that's what makes a talented stamper ... makes things look like it just smoothly appeared. :) I LOVE that plaid ... and the beautiful spray of flowers, but it's the bunnies that stole my heart. Oh my gosh! Your second card is so pretty with the multi-stamping in shades of the two colours. It's really pretty and you know that someone will be thrilled to get it. xx

Bonnie said...

Well I love the second card as much as the first, Marcia! Awesome plaid on the first card and darling bunnies! Love the how bright the yellow flowers look with all the white space!

Lisa Elton said...

I think they're both wonderful Marcia and filled with springtime prettiness! Those bunnies are especially sweet!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia both of your cards are beautiful! They make me so excited for spring!!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love both of your cards, Marcia! So very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

It looks like I am not the only one that actually love both cards but the first one even more. This happens to me over on IG, the cards I don't like at all and hesitate posting get more likes...go figure! Both are fabulous and I am thrilled you put so much effort into my colors! Always a pleasure seeing what you are up to at Color Hues.

Julie B said...

Two fab cards, you're too hard on yourself. An art tutor of mine once said if you are disappointed with a piece just file it away and come back to it a little later and it will surprise you! Thanks for your continued support of Color Hues. :)

Hannelie said...

I love that beautiful bouquet and the two sweet bunnies just add something special to the design!
Thanks for playing at Color Hues!