Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Color Hues #36

Hello friends.  Like all the rest of you, I am brokenhearted about what is going on in the Ukraine.  There has been bad in this world since the beginning of time, but instead of learning from our mistakes, I feel as though we are becoming more and more uncivilized with each passing year!  And that just breaks my heart!!  But........I do know how the story ends, so at the same time I am filled with HOPE.  HOPE for a better tomorrow.  HOPE for peace.  HOPE for kindness.  HOPE for LOVE and not hate!  HOPE that good will come out of this bad.  HOPE.

The Color Hues Challenge along with its regularly scheduled Green & Gold challenge is running a Blue & Yellow challenge (#cardsforukraine) to support all those living in this nightmare.

 

 I have seen so many different shades of blue being used by everyone...from a true blue to a more lighter aqua blue.  I have chosen to use a more aqua blue as I wanted to foil my background, and the only blue foil I had is more of an aqua blue.  Take a look:


 I foiled my background with PFS's Heart Grid foil plate, and then added my ink blended roses from PFS's Rose Garden stencils, stamp, & die.  (The roses have foam tape behind them to raise them up off the heart background)  


 During hard times, my faith is what gets me through, and I thought this sentiment from PB's Inspirational Sentiments was very appropriate.  I finished with a couple foiled Small Butterflies from PFS and a few aqua colored gems too.

I will continue to pray and HOPE for a miracle to end this madness for the Ukrainian people who do not deserve any of this, and I HOPE you will too!  In the meantime, check out all the BEAUTIFUL cards from the DT and players over at the Color Hues Challenge HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Marcia...I couldn't agree more with you with your opening comment and sentiments x.
Your card is stunning, absolutely beautiful and the most perfect sentiment x.
I will continue to pray too....Solidarity for Ukraine xxxx.

appledaylady1309@aol.com said...

Beautiful card Marcia!

I Card Everyone said...

Just so beautiful, Marcia... all the love in your background is so lovely. But you bring it all home with this most precious sentiment. x
=]

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, uncivilized is on point. We see that here every day; as bad behavior has been normalized by leaders. It sickens me. Enough.

Your card is beautiful, and your heartfelt sentiment is a joy to see. The aqua foiled hearts add such a lovely background to your card. Hugs.

Julia Aston said...

So pretty Marcia - a lovely card to support the Ukraine with the flowers and shimmery foil - I agree - the world is so scary right now - but how wonderful that we always have hope! xx

Susan said...

What a beautiful card in honour of Ukraine. The flowers are gorgeous and the shimmery foil is so eye-catching. Such a horrific situation for the Ukrainian people and so frightening for the world. We must all hold onto hope that there will be a peaceful way out of this.

Bonnie said...

Well said, my friend. And a beautiful card too. I add my prayers to yours.

Bobby said...

I'm praying right along with you, Marcia. Your card is lovely and filled with love and hope.

Birgit said...

Oh my friend, your card is beautiful, and I just love that sentiment. Your words are perfectly said and echo my sentiments exactly. All we can do is cover them in prayer.

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia your card is absolutely stunning. I know that you have put so much heart in soul into the process of making this foiled, stamped and stencilled beauty. So perfect for the Ukraine! Thank you for sharing at the Color Hues!

cm said...

Gorgeous flowers and oh, such a powerful message! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!
~carol

Loll said...

Gorgeous tribute to Ukraine, Marcia. So many wonderful elements ... the foiled hearts showing your love of the Ukrainian people, and the gorgeous yellow roses (the flower of friendship), along with your gorgeous butterfly, symbol of hope. This is a truly faithfulled card that means so much. xx