Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Playing Cards with Michele - March 2022

Hello friends.  It's been a loooooong 3 months since Michele and I have played cards together, and even though we only live an hour apart, we do have to play by Winters rules!  Grrrrrr!  But, when we do finally get together, it's always the best time!!  

We both had different stamps/dies of each others that we wanted to play with, but decided that Papertrey Inks's Feathered Friends #19 was the common denominator this time around, so here's what I came up with using this sweet & chubby little feathered friend!!


   Michele gifted me the sweet little frame from Altenew, and I layered two of them together for a bit of dimension on top of a panel that I embossed with SU!'s Subtle embossing folder.  My little Feathered Friend #19 was stamped in shades of blues, and then also layered up for even more dimension.


My sentiment is a Gina K sentiment strip from her last kit, and I also added a few Rainstones (PTI) to finish off this CAS card.


Michele brought her PFS's Folk Art Print stencils, and I ink blended a couple up...this one in my favorite greens (SU!'s Evening Evergreen & Soft Succulent) and then pinks and oranges (Gina K).  I added a stacked scalloped frame die (PFS), and then another one of those ADORABLE birds stamped in the pinks and oranges to match my background.


My gold embossed sentiment is also from PFS and finished off this colorful card quite nicely!  (Although you can't see it, I also added WOS to the little birds feathers!)


Michele had made a card awhile back using a Lisa Horton embossing folder (Foxglove) that I absolutely fell in love with, so she brought that along for me to play with!  I tried inking up the inside of the folder first, but wasn't happy with the look, so I just embossed and then added a very light inking with blender brushes...purple and green.  The color is so subtle, but I wanted the beautiful embossed texture to be the star of the card!!


I finished this card with a die cut sentiment from Memory Box (Posh Script Thank You) that I popped up on foam strips, and a prisma foiled butterfly (PFS's Small Butterflies) that I stenciled with a light and darker purple to coordinate with the Foxgloves.

I have a couple other cards that are works in progress, and I'll share those at a later date.  I can hardly wait to see what Michele has made with some of my goodies and how she used that sweet and chubby little bird too!  Thank you, thank you Michele for another wonderful play day...I still don't get out too much, so these play days and your friendship mean the world to me!!  And of course you sharing your goodies with me too!   Friends...one of Gods greatest gifts!!  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Marcia! You do know how to align layering stamps so perfectly! Your birds are just so adorable - you know that pink and orange cutie is my favorite, right? But Mr. Blue deserves to be framed!
Your folk art stenciling couldn't be more beautiful I love the colors so much - still kicking myself over those inks! When you have your party let me know!
Last but not least - happy sigh - those foxgloves! This subtle inking is really so very beautiful, my friend.
YOU make ME happier than a [pink and orange] bird with a French fry! Thanks so much for being such a wonderful friend! I'm already thinking about NEXT time!! xx
=]

Mac Mable said...

What an adorable sweet and cubby little bird and he looks fabulous in both colour ways x. He sure shines against the white background with the fabulous die cut frame x. Wonderful colourful second card and WOW to that embossing folder on the last. You sure looked like you had so much fun crafting with Michele Marcia....Loving the last line of your blog post too x.

JoAnn said...

Your sweet little bird is so cute. Love the blue one, but both are lovely. Your butterfly card is so pretty. Love the background. Glad you had a fun time with a crafty friend. TFS

Cat Craig said...

WHat an adorable set of cards you made with your afternoon of fun with Michele. Between the two of you, you have the best stuff to play with. SO glad you were able to get together.

Bonnie said...

You gals sure made the most of your day together, Marcia! Love this sweet bird and how you've placed him! You and Michele both have used such different looks! I would have opted for those foxgloves too! I love how you colored them and the pretty butterfly looks like he's quite taken with them too! What a fun way to spend the day!

Lisa Elton said...

When you two put your heads and supplies together, the results are FABulous!! Oh what a day you must have had. That little bird looks good in all the colors and I love the soft inking on the foxgloves. Lots of pretty today! XO

TK said...

What a glorious day indeed -- so much beauty and interest, and SO MANY CARDS! Wow, I'm stunned by the two of you

Susan said...

Fabulous cards, Marcia! My favourite is the first one with that lovely little frame and the adorable blue bird. But I also love the soft shading you did on the foxgloves and that beautiful butterfly.

Loll said...

That little bird is so sweet Marcia! Love both your cards, but the first one speaks to the CAS-me! :) So pretty with the lovely intricate frame. Your floxglove card is gorgeous. I love the soft sponged colours. I agree with you, the design is the star so adding light colours shows it off. xx

Birgit said...

I'm completely smitten with that little bird and your sweet, sweet cards! Each one is beautiful in so many ways. The ornate frame is all that darling bird needs for a cas card. What a fun time shared with friends.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Marcia what a treat for the eyes... I just adore your creations and that little chubby bird is adorable! Thanks ever so much for your prayers and your support over this stressful time, I know you too have your struggles, Sending a big hug your way

Kara Lynne said...

That little bird has such wonderful, sweet details and I love how you inked him in two very different color palettes! I can just imagine the two of you having a great time inking and embossing the day away! Beautiful cards, Marcia, each and every one!

Bobby said...

I sure hope when I get back to Michigan we can all have a play date, Marcia. You got a lot of cards done and they are fabulous. I love birds of any kind, even pink and orange, and they look majestic on the frame and with the stenciled background. The foxglove are stunning and I may need that folder for myself.

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous birdie cards Marcia... love them, Robyn

Helen F. said...

Well these three beauties got me thinking I NEED that Feathered Friends #19 and the lovely Foxglove embossing folder! Thanks for the inspiration, Marcia!

Papercraft Boutique said...

All three cards are gorgeous, Marcia! Sounds like you and Michele had another fun playdate. Love the handsome blue bird perching on the beautiful window frame. The second card is so cheerful and feminine. Love the color combo! I can imagine the pretty sparkle of the bird's feathers. The foxglove and butterfly card is so elegant! The soft coloring over the embossing is just perfect to bring out the beauty of the embossing!
Hideko xx