Friday, March 18, 2022

The Flower Challenge #66 - USE SCRAPS

Hello friends.  The Flower Challenge is asking us to use our SCRAPS this month and I definitely have NO shortage of scraps in my craft room!


And here's what I came up with...


I started with my background and used scraps of white (I have TONS of white scraps!!) to die cut all the leaves from PTI's Into The Blooms: Dahlia and then glued them randomly all over my card front for a white on white look.  My flower (Altenew's Sweetest Peas) was stamped in black and then heat embossed with clear before I paper pieced it with scraps from SU!'s Expressions In Ink dsp.  


I used Gina K's Master Layouts 2 to die cut the stitched rectangle and black mat, and then added foam tape behind the flower layer to add some dimension from the background.  My sentiment comes from Memory Box's Just A Note Posh Script die and I cut both layers from scraps for this too!  In fact, other than my card base and the black enamel dots, the whole card was stamped, die cut, and fussy cut from scraps!  :0)

Check out all the BEAUTIFUL cards from the DT using their scraps right HERE and then play along to use up some of your own scraps...we ALL have them!!  Haha!  This challenge is open till the 25th of this month.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Birgit said...

What an awesome card you made using just your scraps. This is beautiful! The marbled printed paper makes a sweet pea flower, and your white-on-white background is gorgeous too.

Loll said...

This is so pretty Marcia. LOVE how you've created so much texture and depth with your die-cut leaves background. Amazing! And our sweet pea is beautiful with this patterned paper. xx

I Card Everyone said...

It's so lovely, Marcia! Those ferns look so incredible on your base panel - someone should take note and make an embossing folder like this, right?
Paper piecing scraps is totally the way to let go of those bits and pretty pieces we amass!
So happy to see your scrap-py card in our gallery at The Flower Challenge!
=]

Mac Mable said...

I love how you've done the background with the die cuts and what a creative and eye catching flower Marcia.....Great use of those scraps x.

Cat Craig said...

Love the white on white and that paper is fantastic.

Helen F. said...

Ohh, Marcia your card is just Beautiful! At first glance, I thought the background was a 3D embossing folder :-O Love your clever creation.

Bobby said...

I may have to buy that set just for the wonderful fern die, Marcia. They make a lacy background on your card. I love the Sweet Pea stamp and it's so sweet ( I had to say it!) done in that DSP.

Bobby said...

Oops. I forgot to say thank you for sharing your lovely creation with us at The Flower Challenge.

Bonnie said...

WOW! You certainly showed us how to use some of those scraps, Marcia! The background is amazing and the paper pieced flower is beautiful! Way to go, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

The flower is pretty, Marcia but those ferns in the background really caught my eye! This is a marvelous use of those white scraps!

Susan said...

Beautiful background with the die cut leaves, and what a gorgeous flower with that pretty dsp!

TK said...

Truly amazing white on white, then your pink Sweet Pea is just gorgeous -- really wonderful card, Marcia

Ericka Strange said...

Gorgeous card and I love the white background and the leaves you pieced together. The flower is beautiful as well and I love the specks of gold. Thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge.