Friday, April 14, 2023

Double D Challenge - April Showers

Hello friends.  The Double D Challenge has a fun mood board with great images depicting what April Showers bring!


I loved all 4 images but decided to play with the whimsical upper left photo, using a few dies that haven't seen the light of day in ages!!  Here's what I came up with...


I've had this Rubbernecker Stamps set of Duck Dies for ages and I think I've only used them once!  High time to get them out and inked up!!  I die cut them all from white cardstock and then inked them up with orange and yellow inks (Gina K).  The Impression Obsession Checkered Frames Dies was also something I hadn't used in ages and worked great to frame out my piece of rainy sky from SU!'s Playing In The Rain DSP.


 
I lined up my ducks (well except for the one escapee!!) inside the frame and then added an umbrella (Impression Obsession Die) to the last duck who is going after the escapee!  The umbrella is also DSP from SU!'s Playing In The Rain and the sentiment also comes from that stamp set.  Pretty simple card, but I like the way it turned out and sure had fun putting it together too!

Only a couple more days to play, but check out all the wonderful inspiration from the DT right HERE and then play along if you have time.  The challenge ends Sunday, April 16 @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



9 comments:

Birgit said...

This is so cute Marcia! That escaping duck.... how did you have the heart to cut his head off? Seriously though, the way you framed these perfectly colored little duck and their umbrella.... the whole scene is just too adorable! I'm glad you linked this cutie up to the Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you!

Diane said...

This is adorable, glad you got them out and used them as they made the cutest rainy day card!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Stencil Fun}

Cat Craig said...

There is always that one duck...so cute.

Lisa Elton said...

Those ducks are too cute (an escape!!) and I like the plaid umbrella! This is a darling spring card, Marcia!

Leslie Miller said...

Marcia, I'm so happy to see your card today! You do have a gift for making me smile with your truly delightful creations. Everything about this appeals to me -- the duckies (including the renegade), the framing, the rain paper, the checkered umbrella. Love how you colored the ducks. It's just too fun and adorable and so good to see it in our Double D gallery! Thank you!

Loll said...

Such a fun card Marcia! Love the ducks in a row. :) And what a great layout and design. Always fun when we can used some neglected stamps or dies. This card made me smile. :) xx

Bonnie said...

Perfect paper for the background, sweet ducks all colored up in their yellow feathers and a pretty umbrella! All add up to a perfect spring card, my friend!

Bobby said...

Congrats on your win at Double D, Marcia. Such a darling card deserves recognition.

I Card Everyone said...

I don't know how these darling ducklings got passed me, Marcia! OH, they are adorable, and I see one doesn't like to get wet, like me!
Congratulations on your well-deserved win!
=]