Thursday, April 6, 2023

Happy Easter

Hello friends.  Did you make and mail out Easter cards this year?  Some years I do only a few and other years I can't seem to stop making them and this was one of those years!!  The ideas were there and I just went with it!!  So anyway, no challenges, just cards today...so sit back and just enjoy.  (These are all my FUN Easter cards...lots of bunnies!!)


This card went to my grandson and uses the new Anita Jeram Summer Garden background stamp.  Landon wouldn't eat a vegetable if his life depended on it, but I thought it was just too cute to not use it!  And he'll love the sentiment and bunny on the wobbler for a little interactive fun!


The sentiment and die cut bunny are from The Greetery's Bunny Hop set.


This card also uses the Bunny Hop stamp and stencil  and die set, and I used Distress Oxide inks for the colors.  A little more muted but I like the way it turned out!  I also die cut the center of the bunny wreath out and then used foam strips on the backside to give some dimension from the plaid dsp layer (PTI) that I stamped the sentiment on.


I also used a sun burst coverplate die (MB) over my top layer to add a little interest to all the white area.  I also added the die cut bunnies in white to the 4 corners of the top layer before running the coverplate die over it.  I finished this one off with just a few clear Disco Ball Sequins (Gina K).


While looking for a sentiment stamp in my PTI stash, I came across a die and stamp set I hadn't used in ages and just had to have a play with it!  It's called the Hugables: Bunny & Chick set.  


I made both the bunny and chick into mini slimline cards and basically just die cut all the pieces, sponged them up with coordinating ink and assembled them.  A little time consuming but definitely FUN!!


The scalloped layer on this chick card and the crimped layer on the bunny card are both from PFS, and the little flowers on this chick card are from Spellbinders...otherwise everything is from PTI.  I just LOVE the flappable arms on the chick and bunny!!  :0)


My last card was inspired by a card from my sweet friend Nancy (HERE) that I fell head over heels in LOVE with!  My bunny is from a Tim Holtz die set called Bunny Hop and I tried to ink him up like Nancy did her bunny...not totally successful, but not terrible!  I die cut 3 of them for a little added dimension.  My background uses the Elegant Arches background stamp from The Greetery and was inked with a couple shades of gray for an ombre look.  I added a few leaves and a Lily from the BotaniCuts: Lily dies (also from The Greetery), and then my die cut "Easter" is from a SSS die that I added a touch of pink ink blending to.


The "HAPPY" was heat embossed with white on a black strip, and then I finished with a few pink PFS gems.  I was pretty pleased with the way this one came out too!  Thanks for the awesome inspiration Nancy!!

So there you have some of my "bunny" Easter cards for this year...it sure was fun making them all!  And just so you know, I do realize that the true meaning of Easter is not about the bunny, but the amazing gift that was given to us on the cross.  He is our risen savior, and I know He lives...I just talked with Him this morning!  Wishing you all a happy and very blessed Easter!
 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

appledaylady1309@aol.com said...

Beautiful cards. I really love the Bunny Hug-able! Happy Easter!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, the smiles just keep coming! Every card is an Easter delight made for your grands!
I will be so happy to borrow this background stamp, too! Just love the veggies your sweet bunny has harvested!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

My cheeks hurt from smiling! I love the way you gathered your supplies from here, there, and everywhere to pull these cards together, and I love every single one of them! The Anita Jeram background is instantly recognizable. Those stamps just have a special sweetness to them. For some reason your last card keeps calling to me as a favorite. Love the stamped background with the die cut flower and leaves over top so the bunny has a place to frolic. I didn't do well with Easter cards this year. Thanks for such a fun time this morning, Marcia! I sure did enjoy myself!

Cat Craig said...

Such a beautiful collection of cards Marcia. Loving and enjoying each one.

Lisa Elton said...

I have a thing for bunnies you know, and those CCC sweeties get me every time! That hugable chick is pretty darn cute too! These are all delightful Easter cards, Marcia!

Birgit said...

Oh such a wonderful array of sweetness here, Marcia! They're all adorable and so well put together using supplies from all your favorite companies. The Anita Jeram background is just as sweet and springy as can be!!! I did not do well making Easter cards this year, so I enjoyed oohing and aahing over yours very much.

Bonnie said...

I can see that you've had lots of fun making Easter cards, Marcia! Love the sweet critters and garden plants on the first. It makes me think of Peter Rabbit. Love the wreath with the rabbits hopping around. The bunny & chick with their folded ear & wings are so cute. And the last with the sweet bunny and lily is awesome! Hope you have a hoppy Easter, my friend!

Julia Aston said...

Oh such fun designs Marcia! love all the dies, bunnies, florals sentiments - what a great play you had with all your "STUFF"!!

!neke said...

Such great cards !!!!!
groeten Ineke

Cindy Beach said...

I thoroughly loved your Easter cards, Marcia! No wonder you wanted to make them, using your lovely bunnies and colorful images. If I had to pick a fav it would be those vegetables! So fun!