Friday, April 21, 2023

Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge #38

Hello friends.  I'm back with another Christmas card to keep my stash going and the Peace On Earth Challenge is helping with that.  They have a really FUN challenge this time around with GNOMES!


I love all four photos on the mood board, but took my inspiration from the bottom left photo in the red, black & white and came up with this card...


I had bought SSS's Gnome For The Holidays card kit a couple years back and didn't play with it this past Christmas, so figured it was time to get it out and show it some love!  The kit came with all kinds of dsp in blacks, grays, reds & white, so it matched up perfectly with the inspiration photo and was just a matter of mixing and matching all the fun prints for my 3 gnomies!  Hard to see in the photo, but the gray beards are cut from a shimmery gray/silver cardstock and make the gnomes even a bit more festive!  The sentiment came with the coordinating stamp set in the kit and I thought it was perfect to go along with the 3 gnomes.


For my background I used SSS's Forest Border ef and in this close up you can see a bit of the glitter I added to the trees for even a little more FUN and SPARKLE!  

The DT has some fabulous and FUN inspiration for you right HERE if you'd like to play along and get going on those Christmas cards now rather than later!  This challenge is open till May 4th @ 8:00PM.

I'm also entering this card into the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where they are also looking for GNOMES.  Their challenge is open till the end of this month (April 30th).



Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!




10 comments:

Cat Craig said...

I love those SSS gnomes, they have always been among my favorites. Great backdrop and fab card for the challenge.

Leslie Miller said...

A kit? OMGosh, I probably would have loved it. Your gnomes are adorable as a trio with a "ho" for each of them! Love your sparkly forest scene. It doesn't get much more fun than this, does it? Card makers have the best toys and you sure know how to use them!

Bonnie said...

Fun times three, Marcia! Love their paper pieced robes and caps and the embossed woods behind them!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a cute little trio, but those sparkly trees behind them caught my eye! Cute card, Marcia! Ho Ho Hope you have a great weekend XO

Loll said...

LOVE the sparkly trees behind your three well-dressed gnomes. Cute card, Marcia! xx

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia, these guys are so, so cute and love the embossed background too! Great card design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Triple B ... OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG which is all about butterflies, birds & blooms.

Bobby said...

I have my gnome cards made but not posted yet. Yours are adorable, Marcia, and I do love that color combo. The embossed trees made a great background.

Susan said...

What a fabulous trio of gnomes, Marcia! And ho ho ho is the perfect sentiment to go with them! Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth.

Birgit said...

I'm playing catch up here! Yep! I made it to sunny CA. The sparkle on the trees is gorgeous for these fun little gnomes.

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous! I really wish I'd bought this kit myself, Marcia. Great card, and thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Gail and me, Jo x