Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Inspired By Friends

Hello friends.  I have a special post for you today...I am playing cards with Bonnie Klass Michele Ferguson, and Bobby Hagen!!  A while back, Bonnie sent each of us an envelope filled with some PFS Washi Tape die cuts and asked if we'd like to play cards with her...well duh!  Of course we all said YES!!  The die cuts were from the Dahlia Washi Tape and they are absolutely GORGEOUS and I had a blast making the two cards I'm going to share with you!

My first card uses PFS's Simply Diamonds Cover Plate die, Around the Shape: Circles, and the Circle: Florals stamp set along with the beautiful Dahlia Washi Tape die cuts Bonnie sent.  Take a look...


  
 Aren't those flowers GORGEOUS?!  I wish I could have picked up the gold around all the Dahlia's and the leaves...sooooo pretty!  I started by ink blending a light pink on my card base and then added the Simply Diamonds cover plate die over the front of the card base.  This cover plate die is so simple but really adds a beautiful touch to your backgrounds!  Next I stamped and gold embossed the circle and sentiment and then die cut it before attaching to the card base.  I added foam strips to the backs of the 3 florals and arranged them around the circle and then finished with a few gold metallic pearls (PFS).  Pretty simple card, but I think it's beautiful!


My 2nd card uses more of the Dahlia Washi Tape die cuts and these were placed on a card base that I used PFS's new Rounded & Braided Rectangle Dies.  I love the elegant touch they add to the card!  The smaller rectangle on top has foam strips behind it for some added dimension.  My sentiment is from Gina K and was gold embossed on black and then die cut.  My cousin gave me some new satin foil and the pink matched the light pink of the Dahlias, so I hot foiled one of the smaller butterflies from PFS's  Small Butterflies hot foil plate...once on cardstock and once on vellum.  The satin foil is SO pretty when the light catches it!!  I finished with a few clear gems also from PFS.


So here they both are...do you have a favorite??  I love how they both turned out, and now I want more Washi Tape florals too!!  Thanks so much Bonnie for asking me to play along, and I can't wait to see what you, Michele & Bobby did with these same die cuts!  I just know they're all going to be BEAUTIFUL!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do! 


16 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow, Marcia! Two fabulous layouts! I love that soft pink peeking through the die cut lattice and how you've arranged the flowers around the sentiment circle! So classy! and the Rounded & Braided Rectangles are a gorgeous place for the flowers to rest on! I'm loving that foiled butterfly too! Thanks so much for always inspiring me, my friend!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, you're just like a stick of Doublemint gum: double the pleasure, double the fun!
I love the pretty panels you've used to arrange Bonnie's Dahlias [how have I not borrowed that Simply Diamonds yet?] they add wonderful dimension and texture. Bonus: a sweet little flutterby!
Two gorgeous cards, my friend! Now if we could just get Bonnie to HAND DELIVER the next batch, right? xx
=]

jimlynn said...

I'm here after checking Bonnie's blog. I LOVE your cards!! So beautiful!
Lynn

JoAnn said...

Wow! Both cards are stunning. Love the way you have famed the lovely Washi die cuts. So nice to have great stamping friends that share. So enjoy all the inspiration from you ladies.

Bobby said...

Oh my goodness, Marcia. You did such beautiful things with the Dahlia washi. The diamond coverplate is a great place to put any images, especially with the light inking behind, and framing the gold foiled circle with the die cuts was an inspired way to go. Those braided rectangles are stunning. I love how the flowers trail across it and I want that sentiment. Now for a crafty day in person. Fingers crossed.

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, fabulous cards. Loving the diamonds coverplate on the first and the rounded rectangles on the second. The pieces both set off those fab washi tape blooms. Lovely cards.

HilaryJane said...

They are indeed gorgeous. I love how you have used the background die cuts. Wonderful cards xx

nancy littrell said...

Two Gorgeous floral dahlia Washi Tape die cuts cards beautifully arranged over your die cut backgrounds, Marcia:-) I loved your added sentiments too. Wonderful examples of ways to use your gifted by Bonnie die cut Washi tape dahlia's. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Leslie Miller said...

Yes, those flowers are beautiful and, ooooh, lattice... and braided frames... and gold... the beauty just goes on and on! It's so nice of Bonnie to share, and for all of you girls to share your results with the rest of us!

Lisa Elton said...

How fun to get to play cards with those wonderful ladies! And look at you giving us not one but two FABulous card! I love the lattice look the diamond cover plate gave the first card and the perfect placement of the flowers!

Christine Alexander said...

I'm loving the blog hop and the cards. The washi tape is so cool with the dies that go with them :)

TK said...

So stunning, Marcia! How fortunate to all play together and everyone made such beautiful cards! While both cards are gorgeous, your braided rectangle add a little umph to your beautiful flowers, but then again the circle of foil and lattice background is pretty too

Lindsey said...

What a beautiful duo! And I love that you all created together. It reminds me of 12 Kits...and makes me miss it! :)

Birgit said...

Two stunning cards here Marcia! The first card with the flowers over the lattice is just like walking through a garden. The hint of pink behind the lattice adds a nice dreamy touch of color and the second card..... Oh my! I'm in love with the whole design!! The braided rectangles are now on my wish list and that pink foiled butterfly is the perfect touch for these stunning flowers. Oh what a fun play date this must have been for all of you!

Viv said...

Simply beautiful makes Marcia.

Brenda in IN said...

I am overwhelmed by these beautiful dahlias die cut from washi tape. You ladies have made stunning cards with them. Your simply diamonds cover plate and rounded $ braided dies are a wonderful way to show off these dahlias. What a fun thing to do to share and create with the same products with your friends.