Friday, April 28, 2023

Double D Challenge - Things That Fly

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Things That Fly challenge over at Double D where they have a great mood board to inspire us.


Lots of wonderful inspiration from the DT too for this challenge, but I went a little rogue with my choice, and I may have disqualified myself, but this image from Penny Black was just too cute not to use!!  Take a look...


So obviously bunnies don't fly, but...isn't this image (Penny Black - flying by) with the bunny holding onto the flower and flying through the clouds just melt your heart?  And the sentiment that comes with the set seemed to be just perfect for this challenge too!  I colored the image with my Copics and then die cut it out.


 I used the Cloud Stencil from A Colorful Life with pink ink for my background, and then added a die cut Fancy Circles Die (PFS) over the cloud background before attaching my bunny image (with foam tape on the back).  I matted this layer with a piece of Sweet Sorbet cs from PTI to match the flower and then added both layers to a top folding white card base.  A few crystal gems from Trinity Stamps finished off this sweet card.

Only a few days left to play in this challenge, but check it all out right HERE and then play along if you have time.  This challenge is open till Sunday, April 30th @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



8 comments:

Diane said...

Just as cute as he can be!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Stencil Fun}

Birgit said...

This is adorable! The stenciled background turned out amazing! Just perfect for the Double D Challenge too. So glad you linked it up!

Leslie Miller said...

When something gets caught in the wind it flies through the air. Kites don't actually fly on their own power, and neither do "flying" squirrels, but there you have it. I wouldn't in a million years disqualify your adorable card, not that it's up to me. I love your gentle pink clouds as background and those sweet gems as accent, but most of all I'm smitten by your sweet bunny clutching her flower with all her heart. Thank you so much for brightening my day and playing along with us at Double D!

Cat Craig said...

So darling, those delicate clouds are perfect for a flying floating by bear.

Lisa Elton said...

You know I'm a sucker for bunnies and this one just makes me smile! So do those pink clouds. Darling card, Marcia!

Loll said...

Awww ... this is such a sweet card Marcia! I LOVE your adorable bunny ... so perfect with the soft pink stenciled background. xx

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, not only does it qualify from my view, your bunny is the cutest thing that flies I've ever seen! Your cloudy pink sky has just the right amount of of wind to carry her on her way!
We really need to have a Penny Black day together!
=]

Julia Aston said...

I can see why you wanted to use this cute little bunny flying by with his big bloom flying machine! Sweet pink cloud background too! xx