Sunday, April 16, 2023

Color Hues Challenge #62 - PURPLE & GREEN

Hello friends.  It's the middle of the month already and that means it's time for another Color Hues Challenge.  Take a look at the beautiful colors Cindy has chosen for us to work with...


These colors say FLOWERS to me, and that's exactly where I went!  I used The Greetery's BotaniCuts: Morning Glory dies and came up with this...


 First off, don't you LOVE that background die??!!  My sweet friend Michele brought it over on our last play date, and I wish now I had die cut a 100 of them instead of just 3!  It's from Waffleflower and is called Woven Pattern Die.  They offer it in a foil plate too.  But anyway, I think it made a perfect backdrop for my sweet Morning Glories!  I die cut them all from white cardstock and then used my blender brushes to add the shades of purple and green. (And just a touch of yellow for the centers.)  


I added a bit of Tim Holtz Rock Candy Glitter to a couple of the leaves and the flower centers and also a few Disco Ball sequins (Gina K) to add a bit of sparkle and shine to my card.  To finish I gold embossed my sentiment (Gina K - Radiant Roses) on black and die cut it with the coordinating die. (I die cut several more of the black sentiment pieces so I could stack the sentiment for some dimension.)  CAS and I think a beautiful card to celebrate a birthday!

The DT and our Special GD Amanda outdid themselves with this color combination, so make sure you check it all out HERE and then play along with us...we LOVE seeing you in the gallery!  This challenge is open till the 28th @ 9:00AM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



16 comments:

Julie B said...

I can see why you wanted to have made more of these backgrounds Marcia, they are the perfect backdrop to your blooms. Oh to be nearer friends like yours and be able to craft together! :)

Nancy said...

Yes, I do love that background die so much, however, your card is equally fabulous! What is there not to love about morning glories! Well done! Have a wonderful day!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia that woven background is so awesome, I gasped! The morning glory dies makes the prettiest blooms!

Anonymous said...

The flowers are beautiful but the background almost steals the show! 💜 Vikki H

Cat Craig said...

it is a great coverplate. lovely blooms, Marcia.

Bonnie said...

Love these morning glories and that die cut background. A perfect combination!

Cindy Beach said...

What a fabulous card, Michelle, how those violets pop in the colors you chose. The background is amazing!

cm said...

Gorgeous Morning Glories and I agree that the background is absolutely the perfect stage for them! Need to check out that die; so pretty!
~carol

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous Marcia! I love how you added all these lovely textures, from the embossing to the glittered leaves. This is absolutely gorgeous my friend! I'll try to keep up on commenting while I'm away, but my arms will be pretty full for a while. Hugs to you~

Karen said...

That Woven Pattern Die has been on my wish list for a while, and you've just added more inspiration! I love Morning Glories and yours are just lovely! Your ink blending is wonderful!

Lisa Elton said...

What a wonderful background for those pretty morning glories! We had some that grew outside our bedroom window at our first house that were just about this color! Thanks for the memories!

I Card Everyone said...

I adore your Morning Glories, Marcia - and am so grateful that I had the opportunity to use them!
Good thing you can cut the other 97 tomorrow - can't wait!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, Marcia, I think everything about your card is simply gorgeous, including the woven background. It does speak garden to me and that makes it perfect for your morning glories to climb on. The white morning glories grow wild here and it's not easy to keep them on the other side of the fence. Love the bit of sparkle you added and the gold on black sentiment.

TK said...

Precious morning glories and definitely a sweet background die! I love the die and bet the foil plate would be wonderful too

JulieP said...

These colors shout flowers to me as well. I love the depth to your florals and the cool background design.

Stef Perry said...

Beautiful morning glories, Marcia, I really love how nicely they drape over that amazing woven pattern background! It really does remind me of a fence, so a brilliant choice to use it. Total gorgeousness, my friend!