Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Sharing Stencils & Lunch with My Friend

Hello friends.  Can you believe Michele and I had another play day so soon after our last one?!  We're making up for lost time, and as usual had a FABULOUS time talking, laughing, stamping, and sharing a meal together!  A play day with Michele is like a day full of sunshine and we just had the best time!  We even had a fun video chat with our sweet friend Birgit who so wanted to come play with us, but Maine is just too much of a drive from Michigan...dang it!!  Anyway, I have 3 cards to share with you today, so sit back and relax and let's get to it!!


Aren't these Wonderful Tulips sooooo pretty?!  Michele designs for Doodlebugs, and this hot foil plate and the coordinating stencils from Spellbinders she got from Doodlebugs is AMAZING!!  Michele had already foiled the image in black foil for me and then I just colored it in with the stencils using Gina K inks.  I love how there's a matching die that cuts around the right hand side of the tulips, and then the bottom and left side are straight so you can adhere them right to your card base edge.  


  I foiled my background too in PINK foil (Spellbinders) with the Geometric Optical Background Foil Plate (also Spellbinders) and then put foam strips on the back of the tulips for some dimension from the background.  The sentiment also comes from the Wonderful Tulips set and I finished with a few PFS Blush Glitter Drops.  I love, LOVE how this card turned out!!  I made a 2nd card with this tulip set, but you'll have to wait for an upcoming Color Hues Challenge to see that one!!


I also stamped and stenciled these next two cards using Michele's PFS's Poppy Mix set and love how these turned out too!  I didn't want to do too much to this and take away from all the beautiful stenciling, so I just added PFS's Simply Diamonds Cover Plate Die over top of it, and then added my stamped and die cut sentiment from the Perfect Sentiments set, and finished with a few Disco Ball Sequins from Gina K.


At first I wasn't sure I liked the way this one turned out after stenciling it, but after actually making it into a card, it's grown on me quite a bit!!  I cut off a portion of it on a diagonal and then added it to a layer I used PFS's Stitched Diamonds Cover Plate Die on.  I added a pink strip to ground the two layers and then added my sentiment (also from PFS's Perfect Sentiments) and one of the flowers from the lower half I cut off.  A few clear gems and this card was finished.

Michele always has the best toys to play with and we always have fun creating together!  Make sure you check out Michele's post HERE to see what she worked on while we were together...you know she'll knock your socks off as usual!!  Thanks so much for sharing Michele...I just LOVE our play times together!!  And thank you for the delicious lunch too...you can make that again ANYTIME!!!!!!!!!  :0)
 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I am in LOVE with your gorgeous pink tulips, Marcia! And what a gorgeous backdrop you've created for them - just enough but not too much attention taken from the stars of the card!
Your simply Diamonds cover plate has been such a welcome guest in my studio - I added it to my wish-list at Doodlebugs!
You've really used that Poppy Mix beautifully, Marcia - I think it needs to live with you full time - and your pinks are my favorite!
You know I'll cook anything, anytime for you, sweet friend! But lunch is just the happy ending to a day spent with you! Thanks so much for coming! xx
=]

Bonnie said...

Oh Marcia, what fun! I love your pink foiling with those beautiful tulips! Your poppy gardens are so pretty with all those beautiful colors! Love how they peek through the trellis on one and share the front with that gorgeous cover plate on the other! I'm envious!

Cat Craig said...

That pink foiling is fabulous and makes a lush background for the sweet tulips. I bet you all had a fun day together, it shows in your cards.

Bobby said...

So glad you had another play date, Marcia. You sure got a lot of cards made. Those tulips are beautiful and I love them with that foiled background. With all the flowers on the Poppy Mix it's great there is a stencil to color it one. Both color combinations are lovely.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness are those tulips ever pretty! Putting them on the foiled background was a great choice too. I would never have thought to put the diamond cover plate over the poppies, it's looks fabulous. Three marvelous cards, Marcia! Another day I wish I could have shared with your two!

TK said...

What a gorgeous group of cards, Marcia! They are all so pretty and unique. You girls always have a great time, it is such a blessing for you indeed!

Jeanne H said...

Thanks for the inspiration...now I've ordered the hot foil plate! Beautiful cards today.

Leslie Miller said...

Good things happen when you and Michele get together! Well, even when you don't, but I do love your play days. I feel the joy. Love love the pink foiling for the background to go with those luscious pink tulips! And the full garden background peeking through the lattice or on the diagonal, sigh... so beautiful! Thank you for sharing the fun of your day with us!

Birgit said...

These are all so beautiful Marcia! I'm so loving the first card with the beautiful tulips and pink hot foiled background. That is simply stunning!!! The stenciled cover panel is amazing as well. What gorgeous cards!! So glad you and Michele had another play date so you could share these beauties with us.

Loll said...

Three beautiful cards Marcia. It's so fun to get together with friends to craft ... add in lunch and it's even better! :) And it's wonderful that you can share you lovely crafting supplies. I especially love the tulip card ... of course, it's pink! :) The pink foiling is really amazing with the tuplips over top. xx

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous foiled background for your beautiful tulips Marcia - and the poppy mix backgrounds are both so pretty - beautiful card designs and what a fun get together! Julia xx