Wednesday, April 19, 2023

The Flower Challenge #79

Hello friends.  Today I'm playing along with The Flower Challenge where they want our focus to be on the background.


My background is stenciled rather than stamped, so I hope I didn't disqualify myself?!!  But anyway, I love, LOVE The Ton Stencils and how large they are...their floral images truly can cover the entire front of an A2 size panel.  I used the Darling Dahlia layering stencil and made it my WHOLE background!  Take a look...


Told ya!!  There's not much space left on this card front that isn't the Dahlia, and I even trimmed some of it off so I could mat the panel with a piece of black and still have a white border from the card base.
I used orange and pink inks (Gina K) to stencil all 3 layers, although the pink doesn't show up as much as I would have liked!


So as not to take away from the Dahlia background, I added a simple sentiment (Impression Obsession - Big Wishes Die) die cut in black and added a rhinestone for the dot above the "i".  A pretty simple card, but BIG & BOLD and perfect to celebrate our oldest daughter's birthday coming up in a few weeks.

Lots of beautiful cards from the DT to inspire you that you can check out right HERE, so check it out and play along!  This challenge is open till the 25th @ 5:00PM

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



12 comments:

Birgit said...

This is truly a bold and beautiful blossom! I love that it takes up the whole card front. The framing and sentiment add to the crispness of this pretty card. I see a winner here!

Cat Craig said...

Stunning, Marcia.

Leslie Miller said...

Goodness, the detail in this BIG stenciled dahlia is amazing! I see a hint of pink and a whole lot of gorgeousness. The big sentiment is perfect with it, too. I hope you're not disqualified, but I'm sure grateful that we all got to see this beauty!

Bonnie said...

Wow! What a gorgeous, huge flower, Marcia! I love the colors and the stencils make the coloring so pretty and natural!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done, Marcia! That big bloom is marvelous. I like your color choice and the bold black sentiment!

TK said...

Beautiful stenciling, and a terrific background though it's front and center in my brain! Love it

Loll said...

Gorgoeus dahlia ... love the colour! What a great background for your large sentiment. xx

TaeEun said...

You have stenciled the layers perfectly lined up, Marcia! The dahlia looks gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Flower Challenge!

Nancy Penir said...

Masterful choice for bg stamping, my friend! One beautiful card!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Amazing! A real masterpiece!

I Card Everyone said...

I love big blooms and cannot lie - I think your beautiful 'fill the page' Dahlia couldn't be more perfect!
Thanks, for playing along, Marcia!
=]

Bobby said...

So beautiful, Marcia. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.