Monday, May 22, 2023

Double D Challenge - FLOWERS

Hello friends.  Playing along over at the Double D Challenge where they are looking for FLOWERS!!


If you've followed me for any length of time, you know I'm not much into flowers...BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Flowers are totally my thing and I think I have probably 95% flower stamps in my stash and 5% other stuff!  All to say, I cheered pretty loudly when I saw the prompt and mood board for this current challenge!  I had also just received from my sweet friend Bonnie an envelope filled with floral die cuts using PFS's Tuberose Washi and came up with 3 cards to share with you today.  


Aren't they sooooo pretty?!  They are all just washi tape on white cardstock and then die cut...how easy peasy is that?!!  I started with an embossed background using Altenew's Basic Plaid 3D embossing folder and then added a die cut circle using PFS's Diagonal Stitched Circle Dies.  I added the largest of the washi florals to the center of the circle and then added a foiled sentiment from Spellbinders Everyday Sentiments II.  The flowers are outlined in foil too and I also added a small gold bow.


  A few metallic gold pearls finished off this CAS card.


My 2nd card is a mini slimline (6 1/4 x 3 1/4) and I blended my background first with a light touch of pink and purple inks.  Next I die cut 4 of PFS's Mini Slimline Stitched Scalloped Rectangles, glued them together for dimension and added it to my card base.  Then I took 5 of the washi die cuts and spaced them out evenly over the background, and then finished with a pre-printed sentiment strip from Gina K.  Another easy peasy card and I just love the mini slimline size of this one!


My last card is another very easy and CAS one where my background was done with PFS's Lush Vines Hot Foil Plate and I just used my rubber mat to get the textured impression rather than hot foiling it.  I added the smallest of the Rounded & Braided Rectangle Dies (also PFS) to my background and then added another small washi die cut Tuberose.


I finished with a foiled and die cut sentiment from MB's Posh Hello and called it good.  (I did end up adding a few gold metallic pearls AFTER I had photographed my cards...only 3 very tiny ones, so I still kept it very simple!)  I love how all the white on white with these washi die cuts makes such pretty and elegant cards!  Thank you so much Bonnie for sharing these with me!  (I even have a few more left to play with another time!)  Stamping friends truly are the best!!  :0)

I'll leave you with a couple photos from the corner of our deck where I added a trio of colorful pots of flowers this year (WHY didn't I think to do this before??!!!) that we enjoy from our dining room slider...and the hummers are enjoying the bright colors too while they stop to get a drink from my feeder (next to but not included in the photos).



 


 I love them all but I think the purple/pinkish Dahlia's are my favorite!  More and more keep opening every day and I'm loving it!!

Make sure you stop by the Double D site to check out all the beautiful floral cards from the DT and then play along...you have until Sunday, June 4 @ 8:00PM to play along.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



12 comments:

Birgit said...

I don't know which are prettier, your cards or the potted flower display on your deck. They're all gorgeous and so inspiring! I have so many of the PFS washi's on my wish list, I may have to do a little shopping when I get home. I've never seen one of their washi's that I didn't like. ;0) Beautiful cards my friend! Your patio plants are dreamy as well!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, your cards are so sweetly elegant with all the white and those pretty pretty tuberose flowers! Lots of texture with the backgrounds, but not one single element to interfere with the beauty of the flowers. Speaking of which, your deck pots are glorious! My deck pots are taking their time due to so few sunny days. It's amazing how the sun gives everything such a burst of growth. I'm laughing with you about the flowers in your stamp room. My room is full of flowers and critters and nature stuff. We have to do what we love!

Leslie Miller said...

Ooops, I totally meant to also say that, yes, crafty friends are the best, and thank you for playing along at Double D!!

Cat Craig said...

Love those foiled washi tape blooms. Each card is fabulous. I love the mini slimline the best. So nice of Bonnie to share. Great pics of your deck too.

Bonnie said...

WOW! You have done these tuberoses proud, Marcia! You gave me some good ideas for designs! Love, love, love each and every one! Your real flowers are so pretty! I need to go get some flowers for outside. They do add a lovely view!

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet friend that Bonnie is! You put those goodies to good use, Marcia these are all lovely. There's something extra special about the last one with that single bloom! Speaking of blooms, love the new additions to your deck!

TK said...

Beautiful! The flowers on your cards and the flowers on your deck, all so pretty to look at!

Loll said...

Beautiful card with the lovely washi die-cuts from Bonnie! I love each of your designs, Marcia! Stamping friends are the best! :) And gorgeous flowers on your deck. They are all beautiful, but I'm with you ... the pink dahlias are my favourite. xx

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia, these are all just BEAUTIFUL! I'm glad I don't have to choose a favorite. Don't forget to share these beauties with us over on our Can You Handle the Pressure Embossing challenge also. Awesome inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia all three of your cards are so very beautiful - but this last one with one tiny little bloom is plucking my heartstrings! I love the look of the embossing with your foil plate!
Now. Why haven't I borrowed this Altenew folder?? Can't wait to see your pretty pots in person - such gorgeous colors!
=]

Jeanne H said...

Wonderful cards today! I too love flowers. Thanks too for the pics of your potted flowers.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards Marcia and beautiful photos of the flowers on your deck. You used that pretty Washi tape so well on your cards. I'm with you on the 95% of my stamps being flowers and I love using them. :)
Have a wonderful day.