Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Inkspirational #288 - Designers Choice - Nonni

Hello friends.  Playing with a new to me challenge today called the Inkspirational Challenge, that is now being run by one of my fellow teammates at Color Hues - Carol Mayne.  YAY Carol!!  I am happy to play along as this challenge is a "Designers Choice" and DT member Nonni has chosen DOTS & STRIPES!


I love, LOVE dots and stripes, so this was a fun challenge for me!!  I pullled out some Spring Rain Pattern Pack from PTI and Poppystamps Bird House Pop Up Easel Set and came up with this...


I couldn't resist a polka dotted birdhouse and love how this one turned out with the Spring Rain DSP (PTI) and some sponging with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  The little bird was cut with larger dotted Kraft DSP (also PTI) and sponged with the Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  A few little die cut leaves make it look like he's nesting right into this little house and making it his home.  And don't you love the textured roof on this little birdhouse?!  The die does the texturing for you, and I just enhanced it a bit with some more sponging.  


 For my background I used a strip of STRIPED DSP in the Spring Rain color to match with the birdhouse, and then added a thin strip of kraft next to it, and then added a piece of white embossed cs (Honey Bee Dogwood Blooms 3D) to complete the background.  My sentiment is from The Greetery's Sentiment Suite: Thinking of You and I finished with just a few Disco Ball Sequins from Gina K.  

The DT has some awesome inspiration for you using DOTS & STRIPES and there's also a bunch in the gallery already too, so check it all out right HERE and play along.  This challenge is open till Friday, May 5th @ 11:59PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



7 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You're a girl after my own heart with the designer paper, dry embossing, and bird theme focus! How I love all of it! The polka dot bird makes me smile and, gee, the birdhouse gives you just the right spot for a sentiment!

Julia Aston said...

Love, love your birdhouse Marcia with the cute dotted brown bird - and the blue dots and stripes are so pretty on house and background! Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational! Julia xx

Birgit said...

This is so sweet in dots and stripes! Love the tweet polka dotted bird as well. Just too cute!!

Lisa Elton said...

You know you had me with the polka dot bird and birdhouse! This is a whole lot of cute, Marcia!

Marlena M. said...

This is beautiful Marcia; I'm a big fan of bird images (especially when paired with a birdhouse). I love the texture too! Thank you for joining us at INk~

Bonnie said...

What a fun birdhouse and bird, Marcia! All are so pretty on that embossed background! Love the textured roof!

cm said...

Popping in to let you know that you're one of our Top Picks over at Inkspirational! Your bird and birdhouse fit the dots-and-stripes challenge wonderfully! Hope to see you in the gallery often; our current challenge is *Mini*.
~carol