Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Ink Blending On Colored Cardstock

Hello friends.  Just a quick post today after seeing all the BEAUTIFUL cards from the Group of Seven Cardmakers post where they all ink blended on colored cardstock.  They even show a video on how easy it is to achieve this elegant look, and of course I had to try it!

I started with Pretty Peacock (SU!) cardstock and an image from WPlus9 called Beautiful Bouquets: Mums and came up with this...


You are basically heat embossing (a lined image works best) on your colored cardstock (medium to dark colored cardstock shows up best) and then ink blending around the edges.  I used Altenew's Rose Gold embossing powder and embossed my image 3 times, and then started the ink blending with Pretty Peacock ink and then a tiny bit of black ink just around the very edges...you leave the center of your cardstock un-inked.


I did a little splattering next, starting with just plain water, but it didn't show up too well, so I moved on to white ink splattering.  Next I sprayed my panel quite liberally with Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Mist and let me tell you that this card really SPARKLES in real life!  Lastly I added my sentiment (Gina K - Radiant Roses) that was also embossed in the Rose Gold and a few gold sequins.  Easy peasy and done.

Definitely a FUN technique to try, and you can check it all out right HERE.  Thanks ladies...your cards are ALL AWESOME!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

Birgit said...

What a rich and elegant look to this beautiful card! I have so much dark cardstock that I need to use. This would be a wonderful way to use it. Off to check out the video!

Cat Craig said...

I love this look. The metallic embossing give it a rich feel...then the ink blending adds such lovely depth.

Leslie Miller said...

I love how rich this technique makes your cardstock, and so gorgeous with the gold embossing. Your flowers are perfect for it and what a nice way to use a beautiful stamp without all the coloring. I'm thinking along the lines of Christmas cards, hmmm...

Bonnie said...

Love this color using this technique, Marcia! It's perfect with the rose gold embossing and inking on the edges! It reminds me of a beautiful jewel! So glad you tried this technique!

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful color and stamp choices, this is a beauty! You nailed this technique, Marcia!

Loll said...

WOW! Gorgeous card Marcia. I LOVE the colour of your card paired with the rose gold embossing. Great combination. So happy you played along with us ... it's a great technique! xx

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous. Love the colors of the gold embossing on Pretty Peacock. Isn't this a fun technique. TFS

nancy littrell said...

Elegant heat embossed and ink blended card for Christmas, Marcia. I am definitely going to try this technique for Christmas cards and other occasions using open design stamps:-) TFS and the inspiration, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

I Card Everyone said...

You've really taken that peacock blue to its beautiful extremes, Marcia! So beautiful with the rose gold embossing!
=]

Julia Aston said...

Oh, this looks so pretty with the gold over the Pretty Peacock paper Marcia! Your outline floral stamp is beautiful and works so well with this technique! thanks for sharing with us at Group of 7! Julia xx

Christine Alexander said...

The peacock and rose gold are so pretty together. I'm so happy to see you try the technique ♥